Helpless

(Shuhua's POV)

Helpless. That's how I felt every time I thought about Miyeon. She was stuck in the moon. Forever. The worst part? I can't do anything about it. That was that. No matter how much I secretly cried at night, no matter how much I wished she would come back, no matter how much I loved her, I couldn't change anything. I'm sure the other members feel the same way. Unless they don't. Unless they never loved Miyeon the way I did. It didn't matter anymore. Miyeon left me. Soojin knocked on my door, and I told her to come in.

"Unnie, why are you here?" I said without bothering to even look at her. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You haven't been talking much ever since..." Soojin probably thought it was better to not talk about it because then she said, "Whatever. Yuqi going to leave soon. Better say bye to her." I followed Soojin outside to said goodbye to Yuqi. She was going to do promotions in China again, but this time she wouldn't be back until next month, because she'll also celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year with her family. I missed my parents too. But I'm too busy thinking and crying because of Miyeon to care much. At least I'm glad Yuqi will see her parents. 

"Bye Yuqi. Have a safe trip." I said. What else was there to say? I was already depressed enough because of Miyeon, and now I wasn't going to see my other best friend until a month. We hugged, and Yuqi was about to leave when she said, "Shuhua, I have a gift for you." She took out a bracelet from her pocket. It was made of fine, shiny pearls. It was beautiful. 

"Before the moon situation and all that, Miyeon and I went shopping. We saw this bracelet, and Miyeon thought you would really like it. We were supposed to give it to you that day, but then we got sent to the moon..."

So Miyeon chose this for me? The bracelet seemed like nothing special, but it was holding love. Love from Miyeon. Something I thought I would never feel again. But this was different. It really was her love. 

"I kind of forgotten about it, but today when I was packing up, I saw it. I know how much you miss Miyeon, so I knew I should give it to you. Anyway, I'm going now. Bye." And just like that, Yuqi left. I touched the smooth pearl beads gently with my hand. It was like Miyeon. As pretty as a pearl. I put it in my secret box. That's where I put stuff too precious to use. I don't want to wear the bracelet. What would happen if I accidentally broke it? As I was putting away the bracelet, I saw another item in my box. It was a printed out selfie of Miyeon and me. A smile was brought to my lips almost immediately. We were on a date, just the two of us. I remember us going to Starbucks afterward too. The good old days. The smile vanished from my lips because I knew I would never be happy with her again. I decided to put it away because the more I looked at it, the sadder I felt. Instead, I walked out of my room and into Minnie's room.

"Unnie, don't you miss Miyeon unnie?" I needed someone to talk to since my heart feels empty right now. I thought Minnie was going to hug me and say, "Of course! You shouldn't feel so bad!". But instead, one word came out from Minnie's lips.

"No."