Leaving

(Soojin's POV)

I was starting to get worried about Shuhua. It's been so long since Miyeon's incident, but Shuhua still seemed depressed. I was also sad and angry at the beginning, but Shuhua is still like that. What's special about her relationship with Miyeon that we didn't have? I always knew Shuhua acted like she wasn't on good terms with Miyeon on camera, but their relationship is so sweet in reality. Why did she pretend to not like Miyeon? It didn't really seem to fit together. I would ask Shuhua about it, but no one really talks about Miyeon now. 

"Knock knock." I opened the door for Soyeon. 

"Where did you go? You suddenly left the dorm without telling anyone." 

"Sorry. Our manager told me she wanted to see me, and it was an emergency, so..." Our manager? Why would she be talking to Soyeon randomly? She took off her coat and her shoes.

"What did you talk about?" I asked as I continued preparing kimbap for dinner.

"She said...well, it was about Miyeon's situation..." Soyeon seemed to hesitate to speak up. Instantly, I started getting a little nervous.

"What do you mean exactly?" I needed an answer now.

"Well, we've been hiding her saying she's on hiatus and all that, but we need a permanent explanation for the fans. There's really no way out of this. If we tell the public what really happened, people will think we've gone insane and we'll love popularity fast. The only real way out of this is to disband." 

My eyes widened at the last part. Disband? But we haven't even got the attention we deserve yet. (G)I-DLE's debut was only less than 3 years ago.

"But...we can't..." Words did not seem to come out of my mouth. Soyeon nodded and continued. 

"Yeah, yeah. That's what I was thinking at first. But then I thought, life's already like this. What harm would it be if we disbanded?" I knew Soyeon was right. Our lives were already ruined. Because of Miyeon, because of the public, and even because of Cube. Life wasn't going to get worse, so why not just disband and finish?

"But then again...our NEVERLANDs would be so...disappointed." That was true too. My heart breaks at the thought of making NEVERLAND sad and regretting stanning us. Soyeon nodded again as she pointed at the kimbap. 

"Unnie, why did you stop?" I was so carried on with my thoughts that I didn't even realize I stopped making kimbap. 

"Oh. Also, why did our manager ask you only to talk with her?" Soyeon shrugged.

"I'm not sure either. I guess I was so focused on the conversation to ask her that." Something was odd with Soyeon's expression and words. Was she possibly...hiding something from me? I decided not to think so much because my head was already hurting from all the thoughts swarming in my head. I finished the kimbap with the help of Soyeon and called the other members to eat. We ate in silence, with no one knowing what to say. Because of the silence, we starting doing our own thing. Minnie texted Yuqi, Shuhua was playing a stupid game on her phone that she installed the other day, and Soyeon was watching Youtube. I was the only one who ate the whole meal without touching my phone. After our meal was finished, Soyeon told everyone what she told me. When we were all deep in thought, Minnie suggested we do something else besides disbanding.

"Why don't we say Miyeon left the group and didn't say the reason?" It did seem to solve all our problems, but NEVERLAND would be so heartbroken, and some fans would probably stop stanning us because their bias was Miyeon. Still, it seemed like the best shot we got. So that's what we were doing. We were pretending Miyeon left the group. And the truth is, she did.