A Decision Must Be Made

(Minnie's POV)

A few hours earlier...

"Unnie, come here," Shuhua said. I did as she said and she took out a pearl bracelet. It was from the box that no one could touch beside her, and if we did touch it, she would be so mad.

"I think...I think this has magic powers." She said as she held the bracelet up. It just looked like any other bracelet.

"How do you know?"

"I don't. It's like...connecting with me." I raised my eyebrow, the way I did when I was confused. "I don't know the logic behind it, but it's telling me that if I say 'bring me to the moon', I will be able to go into the moon and be with Miyeon." Shuhua lost her mind. 

"Ok, that's just nonsense." Yet something about Shuhua's eyes told me she was dead serious. There was a tone of honesty in her voice too.

"I need to go back. If I can't, I still have to try." 

"Ok. She can go on believing whatever she wants. It's not my problem."  I told myself. Yet it was. Because I care about her.

"Do you know what this could mean? We can stay with Miyeon! Forever." I shook my head and buried it in my hands.

"No, Shuhua. It's terrible. You'll be stuck in the moon. Just like her!" But Shuhua was persistent when she had a goal.

"But I could be with her. That's all I want. To love her." 

"To love her."

The words ringed in my ear. It's great that Shuhua recognizes love and has it. At least she's not like me. I should let her because I know love is too precious to neglect like this. But I can't. I was her older sister. I had to protect her. I couldn't let her do this.

"Shuhua, I understand. But you know how depressed you are now? The rest of us...we'll be just as sad, but even more. Because we wouldn't have just lost Miyeon, we also would have lost you." Shuhua's eyes scanned the floor as if considering this for a moment. Did I do it? Did I convince her?

"You're just saying that because you'll be sad, right? It's not because of the other members. You greedy woman!" Shuhua's voice raised so loud that I was afraid Soojin and Soyeon might hear us. Thank goodness, Soojin was outside getting groceries while Soyeon was sleeping.

"You're right. I am greedy. So what!" Shuhua stared at me in disbelief. It took me a second to realize what I had said. I wasn't greedy. But why did I say that? Perhaps I just wanted to yell at Shuhua. But the words had already escaped from my lips.

"Ok. Then come with me. We'll go to the moon together. That way you won't feel sad." But she was wrong. I would still live in misery. I wouldn't be able to see Soyeon, Soojin, or Yuqi. But then again, in the moon, I would have Miyeon and Shuhua.

I guess that leaves me with one final question: Which group of girls would I rather spend the rest of my life with?