More Feelings Of Change

(Minnie's POV)

Shuhua and I followed Miyeon and Siyeon down a long staircase. The entire place seemed to be made from gold, real gold too. It turns out the place we were usually in (the center of the palace that we were in earlier) was connected to the underground, where the bedrooms and bathrooms were. 

"Here is where you will be staying," Siyeon said. Her voice was very soothing to listen to. Siyeon also looked amazing. Even as a servant, her dress was made of silk. Her gown looked rather plain, but the details and quality still made it seem stunning. 

The room? It was so spacious you could probably fit five big elephants in this one room. It was the only room that wasn't completely gold. The theme of this room was for sure white, as pretty much everything was either white or gold. The room smelled surprisingly like flowers, although I saw no spray, candles, or real flowers in the room. There were two beds, which was perfect for me and Shuhua. Next, Siyeon showed us the garden. There's a secret garden that was called the "Garden of Peace" that looked just like a regular garden on Earth. There were many flowers, and what seemed incredibly like sunshine was bright in here. Following that, Siyeon led us to the dining room. It was in the story above the center floor. This room was not gold either but instead was black. There wasn't much except for a large, long black table and velvet chairs. The plates, napkins, and utensils were already set up, ready for dinner.

"There's no kitchen here, so if you want something to eat, just tell one of the servants, and they will bring you the food," Siyeon explained. Earlier I saw plenty of servants. Some were standing outside the rooms, and some were just at random places. The servants were all women, but I did see a few male guards standing outside the palace when I first came here.

"But how will they get the food?" Shuhua questioned.

"They go to the underground kitchen and get the food there. Then, they bring it to you. But the kitchen is too low for her majesty and you girls to go to." Too low? As in, the kitchen was a place just for the servants to be in? Because we were too high to work in the kitchen? It was for sure new to me, but I guess I do want to try living in what they actually call luxury. The tour continued, and we explored pretty much the whole place. It took about an hour to finish the tour because of its enormous size. We didn't even spend that much time seeing and enjoying each room, yet it still took so long. After the tour was over, it was about time for dinner, but Shuhua and I needed a nap.

"Miyeon unnie, are you taking a nap too?" Shuhua asked. Miyeon shook her head and said, "I've changed that habit now. I never take naps anymore." That was weird. But we were too tired to ask anything more. I flopped down on my newly-made bed.

"Minnie unnie, don't you think...Miyeon changed?" Shuhua asked when we were alone together. I nodded.

"I guess. But it doesn't matter. She's still Miyeon, even if her habits changed a bit."

"No, I meant...what if Miyeon changed, not just her actions? What if we lost our sweet Cho Miyeon?" I shrugged and told Shuhua to stop thinking and just sleep. Shuhua worried too much sometimes. Really too much.