Never

(Yuqi's POV)

Okay, what? Soyeon's comment about me deserving the world still shocked me. I decided to ignore it. There was nothing to care about it. So I just accepted it as a compliment.

"So, Soyeon, when is Soojin's coming back? You never told me."

"She just texted me saying she'll be back in about five minutes." She replied.

"Oh." I bit my fingers while waiting for Soojin to come back and explain more of what happened to Minnie and Shuhua. I getting quite nervous because she said something about them leaving Earth. Soyeon wanted to wait until Soojin was here to tell me the whole story. After ten minutes, Soojin arrived home.

"Sorry, I stopped by to buy some drinks." I thought this was odd of her to do, but I didn't think too much about it. Until she handed me and Soyeon the drink. It wasn't just juice or anything. It was a whole pack of soju. Now I really wanted to know the whole story. If it's bad enough for Soojin, who never drank to drink soju, it's probably really bad. 

"So, what happened?" I asked as Soojin opened the bottles of soju.

"So...the other day..." Soojin seemed to be choking on her words already. "Shuhua and Minnie suddenly disappeared, as we told you. But after, Soyeon found a slip that Shuhua and Minnie wrote. Here it is." Soojin said. She handed me a small note on a yellow sticky note. I read it, and it left me there, staring at it for a good while. 

"S-so they're in the moon now?" Soyeon nodded glumly. I sighed heavily. Not only have we lost Miyeon, but we'll also never see Shuhua or Minnie again too. 

"Don't feel bad. It was their decision, and there's nothing we can do about it." Soyeon said trying to sound a little optimistic. But it wasn't working. None of us felt any better. Anger started to burn inside me. After all we've done for Shuhua and Minnie, they would just abandon us like this? We would never (G)I-DLE again. In retrospect, in all our relationships, experiences, and struggles, we were all together. But things would never be the same again. Never. After the meeting, I drank the whole glass of soju. I finally understood why people drank alcohol after a break-up. This seemed so similar, it was crazy. Our company doesn't let us drink, but Soojin secretly bought us alcohol. I stopped myself as I reached for a second bottle.

'Drinking isn't good.'  I reminded myself. But what else was there to do? Go to sleep? There is no way I can sleep peacefully after all of the news. So I just took out my phone and started scrolling through my phone. 

NOTIFICATION - Message from Minnie: Yuqi, I miss you a lot ♡ I'm going to miss you even more later :(

My heart was beating so fast I don't know if my body was still working. I clicked on the notification like a bat out of hell. I scanned the time the text was sent.

Sent Yesterday at 9:03 P.M.

"How did I miss it?!"  I yelled to no one. Minnie sent the message to me right before she left me. And I missed it.

Me too.

I texted, even though I knew I would never get a reply. 

I love you.