Unrequited Love

(Miyeon's POV)

"But...it's okay. I'll just send you back." I tried to hide how much I was moved by them coming here just for me. They love me. Still. There are still people who love me. The thought of that brought me a warm, nice feeling in my heart. 

I closed my eyes and swirled my hands around while casting a spell. I've learned so many spells that the old queen taught me. I couldn't control who came in the moon, but I could send items and people back. I've thought of sending notes back in Earth for the girls, but I didn't want to make them sadder. I feel like they would miss me even more, or think of me even more, which I don't want. I don't know why I felt happy when I knew they still loved me. I should be sad. I don't want anyone to love me, because they would be apart from me forever, still loving me. I don't want to hurt more people than I already did. My heart aches every time I think of the (G)I-DLE members, NEVERLAND, and all the people I've caused trouble to. I brushed my thoughts away as I tried to keep focus on the spell. 1,2,3. What?

The spell was not working at all. Shuhua and Minnie stayed put right there. How come? All of a sudden, the palace darkened and there was only a purple glow around me to see. This is what happens when a spell doesn't work. At least that's what the queen told me. Soon, the lights turned back on and the glow around me faded away.

"It didn't work." 

"Why?" Shuhua asked.

"I'm not sure." And we just sat there quietly without anyone knowing what to say or do next. 

"Maybe the bracelet held even more powerful magic." Minnie guessed. She might not know anything about the spell or magic I was dealing with, but her guess was the only reasonable assumption there was. I nodded and said, "Possibly."

"Then...I suppose you will stay here. With me." The last part I barely managed to say out. I'm not that precious or valuable for Shuhua and Minnie to give up living on Earth. I for sure wasn't. So why did they come here? Some questions will forever remain questions, even if you do get an answer. So, I decided not to ask that. Shuhua, however, grinned ever so sweetly, so I gave a smile back to her as well. "Well, why don't you guys stay in the guest bedroom? Siyeon will give you a tour. She's my personal servant. I'll come too." Minnie nodded and the two of them got up and followed me and Siyeon into the room.