For Real

(Yuqi's POV)

"Yuqi?" Soyeon was on the other side of the call with her breath shaking uncontrollably. At once I knew something was wrong. I paused for a moment and let myself take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh nighttime air. Usually, this calmed me, but it didn't work this time.

"What happened?" I asked. I tried not to let my concern show, but how could I not be worried? I had just finished filming my interview in China, and I was in the car, heading for my hotel, and Soyeon suddenly called me. I was a little nervous because she and Soojin called me earlier today, and they said Minnie and Shuhua went missing. I forced myself not to think of where my brain was going. 

"Minnie and Shuhua...they left a note that said..." Soyeon couldn't finish the sentence. Her talking voice turned into a soft, quiet cry. I have never seen Soyeon cry before, besides when she said her goodbyes to Miyeon. I patiently waited and gave Soyeon time to tell me what had happened. "It said...they left for the moon. To be with Miyeon." My heart stopped beating for a split second. Soyeon's voice slowly faded as she choked out the words. I waited for Soyeon to keep talking, just to stop my worries and tell me it was all a prank. That they were playing around with me like they always do. That it was nothing but a stupid joke they had planned the whole time. But that didn't happen. Instead, all I heard from the phone was Soyeon and Soojin weeping. My whole mind was now fixed with random thoughts and questions. At the moment, I couldn't do anything but listen to Soyeon and Soojin.

"Yuqi...you might need to come back," Soojin said. 

"Come back to Korea?"

"Yes. It's too big of a situation..."

"Ok. I understand. I...I'll tell our manager and then fly back." I promised.

"Thanks."

The call ended and I sat in the car, staring outside the window.

'What just happened?' 

I could barely process anything that just happened. It wasn't a prank. It really wasn't. I knew they wouldn't go that far for a joke. So...it was real? But how? Confusion and frustration overcame me. All I wanted to do at the moment was to go into my hotel room, lock the door, and cry in bed.