Life Like Hell

(Shuhua's POV)

When I woke up, it was time for dinner. Minnie was already awake and out of the room. I walked out and saw Miyeon right there.

"Shuhua! I was just about to go in!" She chuckled lighted, so I followed.

"Why are you here, unnie?" 

"I was going to call you for dinner," Miyeon replied as she took my arm and led me into the dining room. "Oh, by the way, I assigned a servant for you and Minnie. She's called Haru. Her personality is really similar to yours, so I thought you'd get along." I nodded and thanked her. 

"Where is she right now?" I asked.

"She's with Minnie. You'll see her when we get to the dining room." We continued walking until we arrived at the room. There, stood a girl in a simple white lace dress with a small but cute face. She saw Miyeon and me and quickly did a courtesy. 

"Shuhua, this is Haru," Miyeon said. I did a quick nod to show a small yet respectful greeting. "She will be following you and Minnie around, so be sure to learn more about her after dinner.". I nodded, looked up at Haru again. She looked friendly and easy to get close with. At least, that's what it seemed like.

Minnie was already at the dining table, so Miyeon and I just sat down. Most of the seats were empty, and only three of the seats were taken. In total, there were maybe eight seats, and Miyeon sat at the very end, which meant she sat in the most important position. 

"What do you girls want to eat?" Minnie and I thought for a second, not sure what to order.

"Can I please have some chicken soup?" Minnie asked at last.

"I'll have some Japchae then," I said. Miyeon said she wanted bibimbap. It's great that she still ate normal human food. Siyeon took notes on our orders and passed them to a servant standing at the door. She then left the room to give the notes to the chefs.

"So, what have you been doing while we were asleep? What do you even do in the moon in general?" I asked Miyeon. The things you could do in the moon was really limited.

"Well, I don't do much here. The title of my position is 'queen', but really, I just represent the moon. There's no job to be done."

It sounded like hell. I couldn't even imagine staying in the moon doing nothing for the rest of my life. As if Miyeon was thinking the same things, she said, "That's not the worst part. The old queen gave me a potion that would make me immortal. It's required for all the rulers of the moon to drink it when they become the queen. I already drank it. Apparently, after the new ruler takes on your job, you're reborn to Earth again as a new human being." This left me completely speechless. 

"B-but..." I started. I glanced at Minnie, checking her reaction. She looked confused and surprised. Just like me. At this moment, Siyeon came in with plates of the food we'd ordered. Miyeon sat there like it was no big deal and started eating her food. Suddenly, I didn't have an appetite. I excused myself to the bathroom and stared at myself through the mirror. Tears fell like rain. I couldn't process anything. The thought of being immortal itself already scared me to death. Being immortal in the moon? With no one around? With nothing to do? It was good Minnie and I came here to stay with her. Otherwise, her life would be even worse.