Chapter 26- Perfect Day

Dovie

I never considered myself a football fan because, frankly, I don't understand the game.

It has been months since Kol and I started dating and tonight was the first night where I was finally getting to watch him play.

And that too, live!

Nobody was more excited than me because I know Kol has all the best qualities, being amazing at the game was most definitely one of them.

He is the quarterback for a reason.

Now, I understood why girls would drool over Kol ever since freshman year. Not only is he handsome, hot, intelligent, and caring, but he is also a great athlete.

He is a full package.

And I am proud to say that the package is all mine. And only mine.

I smiled and cheered for Kol as I found him and the rest of the team running to the field with our school's mascot.

"Go Kol," I yelled out off the top of my lungs and it looked like he heard it because he turned to face me as he jogged.

I was standing near the railings besides Niti and Zoe. We got the VIP seats which is where the players' family and close friends get to sit. Firstly, I couldn't believe that I was actually at a football game and cheering for the quarterback who just happened to be my boyfriend.

"Go Travis," Zoe yelled besides me and I joined in to cheer for both of my boys.

One being my boyfriend and the other being my best friend.

I found Kol jogging towards the railings and I looked at him in confusion. He came to a halt just below the railings as I held onto the metal and ducked to see if he needed something. "What happened?"

  Surprisingly, he pulled himself up by grabbing the railing and gave me a brief peck on my lips to which the people around us went crazy for and roared loudly. "Thank you for coming baby."

My heart swelled immediately as he ran back to his team and they formed a circle, talking about whatever it is that they were talking about.

Not a moment later, everyone was in their positions and the game started.

The entire duration of the game, my heart was doing cartwheels, trying to beat out of my chest. I couldn't believe how the little things he would do for me could make me feel this happy.

The occasional cheek and forehead kisses would make me smile like no other.

The soft pecks on my lips would have my heart melting.

The little thumb movements when he would hold my hand would make my heart want to jump out of my chest.

The ways he would call me daily would make my heart swell.

I cheered for him as he made a touchdown and when I looked at him, his eyes were already on me and i could tell that there was a big smile on his face under his helmet.

It had been weeks after my accident and I am completely healed, but driving by myself gives me terrible anxiety. I think I'm still traumatized from the accident that I haven't drove since.

"They make this and we'll win," Niti was at the edge of her seat as all eyes were on the field.

The cheering stopped.

The loud noises stopped.

Everyone got quiet.

Everyone looked at the game intently, without making any noise. The breathing around me got loud and I could hear my heart beating.

The players started running as I found Kol with the football in hand, running across the field. There were rival players running behind him, but he was faster than everyone. He was almost to the line, but a player was running towards him from either side of him.

"Kol, watch out," I whispered more to myself because he couldn't hear me.

As if he heard me, Kol's head turned to his side as the player launched himself at Kol. There was no hesitation in his move as he jumped over the player and kept running whereas the player fell hard to the ground.

The cheering slowly started.

He was a hundred feet away from his goal. Faster and faster, he was getting closer.

Fifty feet.

Thirty feet.

Ten feet.

And just like that, he went past the line and more than half the stadium roared, including me. Happiness and smiles were everywhere as Zoe and Niti pulled me into a hug.

"The boys did it," Zoe said excitedly.

"Of course they did," Niti replied back.

Pulling away from them, i smiled. "Did you ever doubt they would?"

"Woo, my best friends are the best," Niti yelled as Kol and Travis hugged each other as the other players launched themselves at them, causing them to fall to the ground.

  There was nothing but happiness in the crowd which made us happy.

_____

"A party?" Tanner asked as he brought soda for Niti and sat down beside her on the couch.

"Chloe is literally on my ass about the party and I have told her no constantly but she wouldn't budge. She went behind my back and got my parents on her side so I have no choice but go. She wants us all there," Zoe rolled her eyes then turned to Tanner and shrugged. "not you, sorry."

Tanner shot her a small smile because he understood. "It's all good, I understand I cannot go."

Niti makes a face and puts her feet over tanner's in a loving way. "Well if you're not going then neither am I."

Before Kol or I could say anything, Zoe interjected. "You two are definitely coming."

"Shit," Kol muttered under his breath and I let out a quiet laugh.

"And of course I will be there if you will be," Travis spoke as he pulled Zoe back to his chest and pecked her cheek.

This was what happiness looked like if I've ever seen it.

Zoe is finally happy with Travis.

Niti and Tanner have finally found each other after lots of heartbreak.

Lastly, I managed to find the love of my life in the most unexpected way possible.

I thought my life was taking me to a certain destination, but now everything has changed. My destination. My way. My life.

And I have never been so thankful as I am in this perfect moment.

Kol stretched his arm out and I took it as he picked me up bridal style and led me to the couch, leaving my crutches at the dining table. A moment later came Zoe and Travis as the six of us started watching criminal minds on the TV.

Perfect end to a perfect day.

_____

i am extremely sorry for not updating for months and ik i'm kinda terrible to do it to y'all but i swear i hit writer's block and i've just been reading.

tik tok has been kinda helpful in that way.

random question, what was your favorite read of 2021?

anyways, see y'all next time!