Chapter 13- After School Things

Dovie

I had a love hate relationship with being the student body president. I loved it because it made me feel important and that at least I got in somewhere. I hate it due to the fact that I always had to do a lot of work.

Why do I have to be the one staying after school to finish the report?

Groaning, I stepped into the library to finish the reading and the report. Silence dawned upon the entire school because nobody was here after seven.

The silence was peaceful unlike my house.

I sat myself down on a chair and started working on the report. I tried taking as long as I could to finish it because I didn't want to go home.

Home was deafening with the screams of mom and dad. I was tired of hearing the utensils hitting the ground, the glass breaking, the unnecessary yelling and shouting of my parents, and my invisibility.

I would kill to have a normal and peaceful home.

Suddenly, a shower turned on by itself as I heard water running down the pipes from above. My eyes widened in shock because someone else was here after hours.

My mind was running, thinking about all of the possibilities that this could've been a serial killer. A serial killer who killed students after school hours and then dumped their bodies in the river.

Oh my God!

I was going to die. I was really going to die tonight.

Shut up Dovie, you're just overreacting like always. Maybe it's the janitor trying to take a nice shower after cleaning the school. Or a teacher after staying back to grade papers. Or a student. Or a serial killer trying to wash the blood away.

I decided to make the run for it but realized that the locker room was on the way out of this school.

God damnit!

I knew I hated the locker rooms for a reason!

I sighed deeply. If I was going to die, might as well die fighting. 

I grabbed my belongings and started walking towards the locker rooms. My phone was at arm's reach and 911 was on speed dial. One suspicious activity and I was going to call 911.

I walked out of the library and made my way to the locker room. I walked quietly so that the person in the shower wouldn't know about my presence. My eyes looked ahead at the fog created on the mirrors by the hot shower.

I stumbled upon a hard duffel bag and winced. Quickly, I covered my mouth and pampered my pinky as it throbbed painfully.

Looking down at the duffel bag I realized that there were clothes, vanity, and some snacks inside. It looked like a guy's and the football jacket was quite familiar. It was most definitely someone from football.

Just then my eyes fell on a flat pillow and a throw blanket laying next to the duffel bag.

Was this guy living in the school? A football player that didn't have a home to go to?

Suddenly the shower turned off and I heard the shower curtains shuffling. My eyes widened and I panicked, not knowing what to do. I quickly pinned myself against the wall behind the lockers so that he couldn't see me.

A muscular man walked out of the shower with the towel hung low. His back was facing me so I couldn't see his face, but I'm sure I knew him. The water dripping down his body made me feel hot. I tried to look away but he was like a magnet that I couldn't turn away from.