Chapter 7- Pretending

Dovie

"He did what?" Zoe exclaims and I shush her.

"Can you talk any louder?" I whisper back.

"Sorry," she whispers and leans in closer, "he did what?"

"He suddenly became so possessive and I just felt really uncomfortable being in that situation so I just told him to leave me alone," I answer back, talking about Andrew at the party.

"I can't believe him," Niti scoffs in disbelief. "Why does he think that he can control you?"

"Yeah," Zoe replies back. "Nobody can control you. You are your own person and you can do whatever the hell you want. Who does he think he is anyways?"

"He hasn't reached out since the party and it has been three days," I mumble. "Maybe... I was a little too harsh?"

"No, absolutely not," Niti says all too quickly. "Don't you dare feel guilty about something that you shouldn't feel guilty for."

"Yeah, she is right," Zoe adds, agreeing with Niti. "He has insecurities about your relationship but he should just trust you. He just feels insecure that Kol is better than him and he will steal you away."

"Zoe," I start but Niti cuts me off.

"I agree with Zoe," she stated. "If he feels insecure about another man in your life then he should step up and become better, not try and control you to throw Kol out of your life."

"What is this, an intervention about my relationship?" I scoff, taking my notes and pencil out.

"Yeah actually," Niti says after a long pause.

"What?"

"We have been telling you how this relationship puts a strain on you. You try so hard to become what Andrew wants you to be that you forget who you truly are. I think it's time that you take a break from it all and see how much potential you have if you weren't suppressed by someone else's needs," Niti states, her words containing an abundant of weight.

"I agree with Niti, hundred percent," Zoe says.

I take a deep breath in, trying to understand the complexity of the situation. "Are you- are you saying that I should break up with Andrew?"

"Breaking up with him is your decision but letting you know about it was ours," Zoe speaks and sighs. "What type of friends would we be if we let some idiot try to control you?"

"He has made mistakes, I agree, but breaking up... isn't that a bit too extreme?" I ask, concerned about my relationship.

"The situation is extreme, Dovie. Today, he tells you what to do then tomorrow he will want to control your entire life. That's just not acceptable," Niti adds, putting her hand on my shoulder. "It's toxic."

I take a deep breath in as Kol, Travis, Andrew, and Noah walk in one by one. Kol walks over to me and takes a seat beside me which makes Andrew angry. He just looks at me and shakes his head in disappointment.

Suddenly, the tardy bell rings and Mr. Willing walks in with his suitcase in one hand and chemistry textbook in the other.

_______

"And scene," I shout as Niti and Kol pull apart with a smile. "That was so amazing guys, good job!"

"Truly beautiful," Mr. willing responds from behind, looking at Niti this entire time.

"Right?" I ask and he quickly looks away and everyone starts clapping. "Our Juliet is the most beautiful girl in this auditorium."

Kol and Niti walk towards us, Niti and Mr. Willing looking at each other for a brief second then she turns to me and Kol replies. "I beg to differ."