Chapter 3- The List

Dovie

"Why is he here?" Andrew whispers softly, looking at Kol who is sitting and talking to Zoe while she laughs.

Kol treats Zoe as his little sister. Usually, Zoe doesn't like any of Chloe's boyfriends but she has a bond with Kol which is unbreakable.

"Detention," I reply back, passing out the scripts to them.

I stand up and walk to the stage. "The list is posted now."

Just as I say that, almost everyone runs to the cafeteria to find out who is playing which character.

I shake my head and sit back down in my chair, waiting for everyone to come back. Everyone left, leaving Zoe, Niti and I alone.

"So, Kol huh?" She says taking a seat next to Niti and I.

"What?" I ask and she scoffs.

"I know about the list, you made him the Romeo," she smirks and I see Niti shift in her chair.

"What?" Niti asks me wide eyed. "What about Andrew?"

"I casted based on their performance, I don't play favorites," I answer back quickly. "I casted Diadra for Juliet because she worked hard for it, and Kol for Romeo because so did he." 

"Andrew will not be too happy with this," Niti says and I sigh deeply.

"He knows I don't play favorites, this is serious," I say and they both nod. "He almost won."

"Actually this will be good for the play, more people will be attracted to it so more money," Zoe says and my brows furrow in question.

"Why do you say that?" I ask confused.

"Well, we have the star of our high school, Kol playing the most beloved Romeo. C'mon, who doesn't love that doofus?" Zoe says while Niti and I slowly start to raise our hands. "Except you both."

"You're not wrong though, this is actually a great idea," Niti adds and I nod.

"I never thought of that but you're right."

After a while everyone came back, some happy and some not quiet happy with the list. Not too long after, everyone had their scrips and we did a table reading.

Everything went smoothly thankfully except Andrew being a jerk to Kol by calling him out on some things. I just ignored Andrew's remarks on the table read because it was very unprofessional and rude of him to do that.

"Let's meet for a rehearsal after school today. Have a great rest of the day guys," I say and everyone starts to disappear into the loud crowds of my high school.

I approached Andrew but he said he had to go to his locker before coming to class and rushed off.

As I'm walking to my chemistry class alone, someone comes running to catch up to me. "Hey there," a familiar deep voice says.

I turn around and find Kol walking beside me with his nearly empty backpack and his varsity jacket hanging around his shoulder.

"Hey," I reply back, not paying too much attention on him.

"So, uh thanks for giving me the role," he says after a moment.

"I didn't give it to you, you earned it," I reply back walking a little bit faster, clutching onto my books tightly.

"You liked my performance?" He asks, doubtfully.

"I mean as you were acting out the scene, I could connect to you in an inexplicable way that it just made you the perfect person for the role."