Chapter 12- Twists And Turns

Dovie

"So what happened?" Niti's eyes widened and she had a smile on her face. Happiness flashing clearly on her beautiful face and I couldn't be more happier for her.

Zoe blushed instantly and looked away from us, not making eye contact.  Slowly, she looked up and her cheeks flushed red. "Well?"

I couldn't wait to find out what happened that she was blushing so hard that her cheeks were the brightest red.

"I don't remember what happened at night cause I was drunk but apparently I confessed my love for him then fell asleep before he could answer. When I woke up I realized that he slept on the couch and before I could leave, he stopped me," Zoe explained everything that happened last night.

Niti and I were invested in this conversation that we didn't realize someone was standing behind us. We moved a little closer as Zoe's eyes darted behind us and she stopped.

"Um... Andrew...?" She faked a smile and confusion lashed across my face.

"Where the hell did he come from?" Niti rolled her eyes and I nodded, waiting to hear more about what happened between Zoe and Travis.

Zoe raised her brow as if trying to tell us something. We didn't care about that and waited for her to continue with the story. "What?"

"He's standing right behind you," she whispered softly and we slowly turned to find him staring at us with a smile.

"Hey guys," he smiled cheekily, sitting down next to me.

My eyes widened for a second because I didn't expect him to walk towards our table unannounced. But then I realized that we had patched things up last weekend. Somehow that thought didn't excite me.

"Hi," Niti smiled at him and went back to texting Mr. Willing.

They couldn't be seen together in public or they both would get into trouble so they would always text each other. Keeping their relationship a secret was a big deal because of someone asked me about Niti's whereabouts, I had to lie along with Zoe. But, we didn't mind because Mr. Willing made Niti really happy and we were happy for her.

"Hey," I smiled at Andrew then turned back to Zoe, indirectly having a conversation with our eyes.

I widened my eyes.

She shrugged.

I shrugged.

She raised a brow.

I nodded.

That roughly translated to:

"Do something about this."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Anything. Get him away so we can talk."

"Really? Like anything?"

"Yeah, anything."

Zoe smirked at our indirect eye contact which only we understood. She inhaled sharply and looked down at her bloody finger.

What the hell?

"Ow," Zoe winced painfully and my eyes widened in shock. "God damn it, you stupid cafeteria table."

"What happened?" Andrew questioned.

"I accidentally scraped my finger on the pointy thing under the table. Would you be a dear and get me a bandage from the nurse?" Zoe asked kindly and Andrew nodded as he quickly rushed inside the school to get her a bandage.

She really cut herself to get Andrew away? She is crazy!

"What the hell, Zoe? Why did you cut yourself?" I yelled at her.