Chapter 22- Crash and Burn

Dovie

"Come on its just a party," chloe said in a duh tone, trying to convince Kol to go to her birthday party.

"I think I'd rather go celebrate with Zoe," Kol stated and I had to try my best to hide the smile forming because he rejected her.

Niti, Zoe, and I shared a look and Zoe smiled proudly at Kol. Niti had one AirPod in, talking to tanner who couldn't physically be here with us.

"We have the same birthday," chloe furrowed her brows.

"Yes, but different parties so I had rather go to hers than yours," Kol faked a smile and turned to me with a smile.

I smiled back at him and fed him a French fry from my lunchbox and he ate it then pecked my cheek. Everything he did sent butterflies in my stomach and there was no way of controlling that.

"Well we could fix that. I can arrange a birthday party for the both of us at my place," she smiled, but I could tell it was the fakest thing I had ever seen. She then turned to the rest of us and faked an it her smile. "And you are all invited as well. Toodles."

With that she left us to go back to her own friends who were waiting for her to spill. That's when I noticed Andrew. He was sitting besides her, listening to everything she was telling them.

Since when were Andrew and chloe friends?

"What a bitch," Zoe called out, chewing on her granola bar.

"I agree," Niti agreed with Zoe.

"Well, we still have two month until that disaster," I replied back, shrugging. "Maybe it won't as terrible as we think."

"It's chloe. Her middle name is terrible. Not literally, but you guys know what I mean," Kol stated.

Travis nodded along. "I agree with Kol. That girl is trouble of all sorts and we don't know what she's planning."

"That bitch is loca," Zoe grumbled.

"Tanner also agrees," Niti added.

"She is a troublemaker so we all need to watch our backs," Travis said monotoned. "Especially you, Dovie."

My eyes travelled to Chloe's table and I found them talking and glancing at us. Andrew nodded to something chloe said and she smirked, staring at me.

Looking away, I look outside at the parking lot where I saw someone standing near my car. I squinted my eyes to see who it was but I couldn't make anything of it. I found a wire in his hand and he walked away.

What the hell was he doing near my car?

Did he take that wire out of my car?

_______

Turning on my car, I rolled down the window and waited for the Kol because he was talking to Travis who was sitting in his car besides me. 

"I don't want to go her party, never in a million years," Kol was still stuck on the invitation from Chloe.

"The six of us need to elope for the weekend so she can't even say anything about," Travis shrugged.

"That bitch can wait for us to show up but we would be far away from her. Yes, I like the idea," Zoe chirped.

"So do we," Niti pulled up besides in front of us, blocking us. "Tanner says hi."

"Where is he?" I asked softly, hating the fact that Niti and Tanner could never be seen together.

"In a meeting. Apparently, they are holding a last minute meeting for all the science department heads," Niti answered.

"I hate that I have to represent the chemistry department," I heard Tanner through the car's speaker.