Chapter 2- New Auditions

Dovie

School has always been my favorite place to be at. Not many people agree with me on this subject, none of my friends do either. Which is why they call me nerd because I am always found either reading a book, writing a book, or doing something productive.

But, I started loving school as a little kid because of how long I would stay in it and not having to go back home was my most favorite part. Being with my friends was just a bonus.

I come from a very rich family where at dinner table, we only talk business and politics. Not one day has passed where we have sat down as a family and talked.

My parents never asked me about how my life is going or how I have been. I always handled everything by myself and with the help of my friends.

A lot has happened to me in all these years yet they are aware of nothing. I sometimes think that I was a mistake. That I am not wanted yet I am in their lives to make it worse.

I went through serious depression because of everything that's been happening at home. I try hard to not show anything but my friends know how things are at home. They help, a lot. They help me and keep me distracted so I don't go back into that hole.

As I have already failed at being an ideal daughter, I don't want to fail at anything else.

So, here I am in school working on our next theatre play. This year Mr. Street decided to choose Romeo and Juliet which is annoying Zoe and Niti a lot but I will handle them.

"As you all know that the auditions for Romeo and Juliet has already begun and as the director of this play, I am to make a decision on who plays what role. The role sheet will be posted in the cafeteria by tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who auditioned," I announce standing on the stage looking at everyone in the auditorium.

Everyone dispersed through the auditorium as people leaves and I am left with only the theatre crew consisted of my friends.

"Hey Mikey, make sure the sounds and lights are working. I don't want anything to be delayed," I say and Mikey hops into his booth, trying to fix something.

"How was that audition?" Zoe asks as Andrew takes a seat next to me.

"Exhausting," I sigh.

"Let me take some of that stress away," he offers and starts massaging my trapezius which I love because it helps to relax.

"Don't stress out about the auditions, okay?" Zoe says and I click my tongue.

"I know to whom I'm giving minor roles to but casting Romeo and Juliet is really hard. Niti and Diadra were both great. Also, Jason and Andrew were perfect for Romeo. I am in such dilemma," I groan in frustration.

"Hey, chill out okay? You can think about it later," Niti assures me and I nod.

"Why did you have to audition for Juliet?" I ask her and she raises her brow at me.

"You literally made me, I could also add how you begged me to audition for Juliet," she replies back.

"Yeah because nobody else does it correctly. But, diadra did good today somehow," I answer back.

"Well, I will not be sad if you don't choose me. In fact, I will be as happy as Zoe is because she didn't have to audition," Niti says as she starts to pack up.

"Well, I gotta go and prepare myself to become the best Mercutio in the history of Romeo and Juliet's plays," Noah says as he pecks Cassie's lips and heads to leave.

"Wait, I have to get home early tonight. So, I'll come with you. Bye guys," Cassie waves bye to us and we wave back as Noah and Cassie disappear.

"I should probably be going too, I have to practice with my violin," Niti says and hugs me before leaving.

Suddenly I hear Andrew's phone burp a text message. He answers it and sighs deeply. "I have to take my little sister to her dentist appointment apparently," he says.

"Can you, by any chance, drop me home on the way? My mom is kind of mad at me and Chloe about that party thing," Zoe says and Andrew nods.

"Sure."

"Well you guys have fun," I wave them bye and they leave.

Now, I am the only one left in the auditorium with the tech people. Mr. Street went out to get something but hasn't returned yet so I can't leave.

After this I have my badminton practice so I am not free until after eight. I sigh deeply and start packing my things in my bag again.

Suddenly someone walks inside the auditorium and I narrow my eyes to see who it is but it's too dark to tell.

"I'm sorry but the auditions have already been held, there are no more auditions anymore," I say aloud for that person to hear me.

"Oh really?" A deep voice asks and I nod as I pack up all of my things and the scripts. "I was told to come here and audition."

"I'm so sorry but maybe next time?" I sorta ask because I don't know what else to say.

I do get called awkward many times because I am. I am also very clumsy and I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous or scared.

"I can't keep having detention for that long," he says and I turn to see who it is. Just as his face comes into the light, I stop.

The headphones still hanging down from my hand, I stand still, shocked.

What is he doing here? Is this real? Or am I just going crazy again?

I blink. He's still there.

I blink once more yet he's still here.

I'm definitely not dreaming.

What is Kol Walsh doing in the auditorium? I have never seen him even ten feet distance from the auditorium. This is new.

"What- what are you doing here?" I ask and he smiles, showing his dimple.

He walks to me with slow steps and stops right in front of me, not keeping much distance between us. "I'm here to audition."

"Audition? You are here to audition?" I ask and he nods. "You do realize that this isn't your football right?"

"You don't think this is my forte?" He asks and I shrug.

"I mean I haven't seen you doing anything other than football, and that's all that comes to mind," I reply back and a small smile appears on his face.

"I'm Kol," he introduces himself and I scoff slowly.

"I know who you are, who doesn't?" I say and he just nods. "I don't mean it in a weird or a creepy way. I just have had you in classes for some years now. I have seen you in hallways and also, you're dating my friends sister so..."

I quickly regret saying anything. Why am I making a fool of myself? Of course he doesn't know who I am.

He chuckles lightly, being entertained by me. "And you are?" He asks.

"Dovie," I reply back and he smiles.

"Dovie," he repeats and I nod in return. "As in the chemistry nerd."

"Dovie," Mr. street calls out as he walks into the auditorium and I take a step back from Kol who's standing too close to me.

"Yes, Mr. street?" I ask and he points to Kol.

"This is Kol, he is in detention and has to do some extracurricular activities and he chose theatre. I need you to let him audition for a role and see how it plays out. If you like, he could be Romeo," Mr. street explains and I nod in return.

Oh, that's why he's here. Detention.

"Okay, well you can go up on the stage when you have memorized these lines," I hand him a script from my bag.

He slowly takes it and looks at it. I sit down and he comes and sits down next to me in the chair, memorizing the lines.

Oh god, why am I in this situation?

___

Please press that little star at the bottom of your screen to make my day!

Thank you!