Chapter 23- Pain and Hurt

Dovie

Pain.

My body didn't feel my own and the pain was running up and down my body.

Make it stop.

Please.

I tried to open my mouth to talk but nothing came out. My throat felt dry. There was an unknown object pushed down my throat.

Slowly, I forced my eyes to flutter open but I couldn't retrieve anything because my vision was foggy.

I kept blinking to make sense of my unknown surrounding. I was laying down on a hard bed with something shoved down my throat in an unknown room.

Finally I could see clearly and I found myself inside a hospital room. The bed i was on was a gurney which is why it was uncomfortable. There were quiet beeping noises coming from either side of me and the unknown object down my throat was a tube.

Then I noticed Kol sitting by my bedside, holding my left hand in his tightly with his head, which was facing me, resting at the edge of the bed. He looked peaceful in deep sleep.

I turned my head slightly to find Zoe laying her head down on Travis' lap on the couch and his head is thrown back against the wall.

Whereas Niti and Tanner were curled up together in a ball on the other side of the couch with Tanner's arms around her. Niti was nuzzled up against Tanner's neck and his head rested comfortably on her head. 

They were all fast asleep.

And that's when it hit me. I got in an accident. And that's the last thing I remember. I don't remember being taken to the hospital or having tubes down my throat.

I tried moving and a sharp pain shot up my body and I winced in pain. I looked to the left and found a cast on my left arm and my right foot was aching badly.

God damn it.

I broke my right leg and arm.

I found a bottle of water sitting on the table on the right side and decided to get it. But I couldn't move.

I tried lifting my right arm to grab the water bottle but I couldn't get it to move any more than an inch off the bed before the pain broke out, hurting me. "Mmm," I groaned in pain.

Suddenly I saw Kol's eyes open and his beautiful eyes stared into mine for a quick second before he processed what he was looking at. "Dove?"

He moved himself closer to me and squeezed my hand in his softly with a smile plastered on his face. "Oh my God. Dove, you're awake."

He looked out the glass doors and then turned back to me. Most probably he was looking for a doctor or a nurse because I woke up.

"Let me go get a doctor," Kol suggested but I held onto his hand. He felt the pull and turned back to me, sitting back down with concern spreading across his face. "What happened?"

I shook my head because I didn't want him to leave me when i was in an unmeasurable amount of pain. He ran his soft hand on my head and pecked my forehead. "I know you're in pain, baby. I'm going to call in a doctor for you so you're not in pain any more."

I could feel tears brewing in my eyes because of all the pain my body was suffering from. I had never felt this type of pain in my life. Everything was hurting.

Reluctantly, I let go of his hand and he pulls it up to his beautiful lips and gives me a little peck. "I'm coming right back."

Then he disappeared in the hallways.