Chapter 16- The Genius Idea

Dovie

"When were you planning on telling me that you don't live with Nathan anymore, Kol?" Travis questioned and my eyes popped out.

"H-h-how do you know?" I asked because I was quite shocked myself.

Travis' confused eyes turned to me. "How do you know?"

  Zoe tilted her head in question, examining me. "And why do you know?"

Quickly, I turned to Kol who just shrugged, not knowing what else to say. I waited for an answer, but Kolkept thinking instead of saying something. "I uh- I found out about it a while ago."

"A while ago? How?" Niti questioned, interested in the conversation more now than ever.

"I-I—" before I could reveal the truth, Kol interrupted me.

"—she saw me with my bags packed at the new house," Kol stated, not lying necessarily because I did see him with his bags packed at my house. "She asked and I had to tell her that I moved out of Nathan's."

"Where do you live now?" Travis asked, concerned about Kol.

I always adored their relationship. They were best of friends and nothing could separate them. Just like Niti, Zoe, and I. We were inseparable.

"It's a secret for now, but I will tell you guys soon," Kol replied back and they all nodded, forgetting about the topic at once.

I would be lying if I say that it wasn't suspicious or weird. It's not like them to just drop a topic without receiving all the answers. They looked suspicious. I had to find out what they were thinking.

"I'm having a party at my house tonight," Zoe clasped her hands together with a bright smile. "And, you all are invited!"

"I can never miss your party," Kol winked at her.

"I'm the boyfriend so I have to show up," Travis kissed her cheek softly and she smiled with her eyes closed.

"We're the best friends, so we're bound to show up," I smiled at Niti who also smiled.

Zoe smirked at Niti and we knew exactly what it was about. Niti shook her head in disagreement and Zoe sighed deeply. "Can't bring him."

"Why not?" Zoe questioned Niti on why she couldn't bring Tanner along.

"Because he's a teacher and everyone will question him there on why he's there. I don't want him to lie and also it's weird for a teacher to be a student's party," Niti explained.

Truly, Niti looked disappointed for not being able to bring him.

"Awe, Niti, I'm so sorry."

Niti stared at Zoe, perplexed. "Sorry for what? Having a party?" Zoe shrugged. "Don't be. We knew what we were getting ourselves into when we started dating. Especially, not to been together in public. We're careful."

"It's not fair," I pouted, angry at the authorities which was not justified. "Love is love. If you love someone then you should be able to seen together outside of the four walls."

Kol cleared his throat, out of habit but it made me confused. Was he indirectly trying to suggest something or was that just his normal behavior?

"I just have one more semester after the break until we can go out in public together without anyone questioning us," Niti smiled dreamily. "I'm already eighteen and he's only two years older. That's not bad, considering, we won't have the teacher-student relationship."

"I'm truly so happy for you, Juliet," Kol smiled warmly at Niti.

Niti batted her eyelashes, flirtatiously. "Thank you, Romeo."