Chapter 5- Different Guys

Dovie

"You invited who?" I exclaim while sitting down on Niti's couch with a bottle of water whereas Zoe drinks a beer.

"Kol, my love interest named Romeo from our play. What happened to your memory," she jokes around and Zoe chuckles while Cassie snorts.

"Why?" I ask shifting forward, pressing my hands on the handles.

"Why not? He is such a funny guy," Niti says and Zoe nods.

"He is also the sweetest," Zoe says after taking a sip from her bottle.

"Also the hottest if we are at that topic," Cassie says in a dreamy tone.

"Do you even love Noah?" Niti jokes and we laugh. "Anyways jokes apart, I think he should be invited if everyone from the play is."

"She's right," Zoe backs Niti up.

I take a deep breath in and let it out. "You shouldn't have. You know Andrew doesn't feel comfortable around him."

"But you do," Niti states and I don't respond for a moment. She's not wrong. I don't feel uncomfortable around him, instead he's fun to hang out with.

"But Andrew doesn't," I reply back.

"So what? Why does that matter anyways? Kol doesn't talk to Andrew, he talks to you and you're not uncomfortable around him so what's the problem?" Zoe speaks up.

I breath out. "That is the problem, that he talks to me. Andrew doesn't like it and I don't want him to feel like that."

"Dove, you're only dating him, he doesn't control your entire life. He can't tell you who to talk to and who not to. It's your life," Niti replies back.

"To be completely honest, she's right," Cassie also backs up Niti. "He's sweet and all but he can't control your life. If he has enough trust, then he wouldn't care who you hang out with."

"I know you guys are right but..." I start but don't know what else to say.

"But what?" Zoe asks, completely facing me now. "You never tell Andrew to do anything. He hangs out with the band girls, and you don't feel uncomfortable. Then, he has no right to tell you anything."

"But you see it's different," I say and she raises her brow.

"What's different?"

I stop. What's different? He's not only jealous, he's also uncomfortable with Kol around. But, I never was. I was never jealous or uncomfortable when he was around those band girls. So, what's different?

"I don't know," I reply back, not knowing the real reason.

"The love is different," Niti says after a long moment of silence.

What does she mean?

"What?" I breath out.

"Yeah, what other reason is there? You don't get jealous, or uncomfortable when he's around other girls. There is only one reason which is that your love is different," Niti explains, but I still don't understand her.

"That doesn't make sense," I shift back into a ball and look away.

"It does," Zoe says. "He loves you as his companion, and you love him as a friend. Now that, is a huge difference."

Did I really?

Are they right?

Andrew and I had been best friends for a long time. Maybe, I still see him as just a friend. But, I'm dating him. That changes things.