Part Sixteen | Strategy, Strategy, Strategy

Heys everyone! Things are gonna start ramping up with this chapter and there will be more deviation from the main manga chapter and series! Hope you all enjoy ^^

_______

3rd Person POV

'Things have changed so much since Junior High...But I'm still a target...I'm only in first place right now because of some good luck!' Midoriya thinks as everyone stares darkly at him and he barely suppresses a shudder. 'Not that it matters, I guess...'

"First years! These are the rules that you'll abide by!" Nemuri declared as she gestures her wrist and with a crack of her whip, the display behind her changes. "The game itself will last fifteen minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your Team Total. Everyone will know how much you're worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team's score!" the display shifts again to state that the headbands are all affixed with velcro, aiding in easy removal.

"Huh...Wonder who I should team with..." you mutter under your breath, glancing around at the other students in thought. 'I guess I can stay with my class. Teaming with someone I don't know isn't really something I want to do...'

"Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And another thing! Even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up!"

"It's anyone's game, then..." Yaoyorozu murmurs as Sato peers her way.

"Yeah, and since there are forty two contestants, there'll be ten or twelve teams fighting on the field the entire time."

"Sounds hard..." Aoyama joins in, still looking a little pale after his run of the obstacle course and you frown once hearing their observations.

'This isn't gonna be very easy, huh...'

"This is going to be rough. You may use your quirks as much as you like but...there are still rules! Make a team fall on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card! You'll be disqualified!" Nemuri warns and you could just barely see Bakugou's expression souring nearby as he sucked his teeth. The action almost dragged an amused snort past your lips but you quickly reined it in and smoothed your expression.

"Now, you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams! I recommend you get started!"

_______

'It doesn't matter how many points my teammate has since I've got so many...I just need to make sure I pick the right people...' Izuku thinks as his gaze flits along the other students on the field. 'Okay! I know who I want...

_______

"Hey, join my team!"

"Your quirk is super strong, with me, we'd definitely win!"

"Uh...Sorry, but personal space?" you grimace, trying to inch away from the near rabid group of students from mostly other classes around you. The second Midnight had given the okay, a swarm of them bolted your way and had been haranguing you to join their group ever since. "Besides, I don't really know any of you guys and-"

"Oi. Beat it, you extras!"

'Seriously?' you tense up at the all too familiar, gruff voice as the small crowd parts to reveal Bakugou in all his angered glory stalking over. 'Just what I needed...'

"What do you mean, extras?!"

"She's gonna be on my team!"

"Not a chance! Spear girl is coming to my team!"