Part Twelve | In Each of our Hearts

Good bit of canon divergence throughout but I'm glad you guys are enjoying the series so far! May have some slight OOCness too 😅

_______

3rd Person POV

"Damn it, Shitty Hair! Get her outta here!" Katsuki roars, swallowing the genuine fear in his chest at the glob of blood you'd just hacked out. "All Might has this handy bitch handled so just go!"

Eijiro hesitated. His brows creased as his gaze darted between All Might and you but Bakugou seemingly wasn't having any indecision today.

"Fucking hell, Kirishima! GO!" the blond snapped, not even bothering to hide the worry in his voice and that made the red head snap to action.

"R-right! I'll carry her to Thirteen and the others!" he nodded, if not with some panic running through him, before bundling you up in his scrapped gear.

As gently as he could, Kirishima took you in his arms and bolted for the stairs, resolving himself to keep his eyes forward even with the explosions booming behind him. 'All Might has it under control! He can take down that guy no problem, right?'

Eijiro didn't have the stomach to look back.

_______

-Two days later-

Kayama sighs, brushing your hair from your forehead as you slept in the hospital bed. There was a heart monitor beside you that Midnight had been eyeing like a hawk and a blood pressure monitor clipped on your index finger. An IV was taped on the inside of your wrist, allowing the tube to feed you the necessary fluids to keep you healthy during your recovery.

The Pros made it in time to the USJ and you were the first student put into an ambulance after Kirishima's terrified retelling of what had happened. Even with Recovery Girl administering emergency treatment on the way to the hospital, you almost didn't pull through.

'Poison...' Nemuri ignores the tears burning in her eyes as she clasps your right hand in her gloved ones. The second that this information was given to 1A earlier, there was an expected uproar. Surprisingly, Bakugou was almost as upset as the others. Although, he was particularly harsh on your insistence to fight despite knowing how injured you were.

It honestly surprised the 18+ hero. She hasn't known the blond long but he seemed like such a self confident person that relied on no one. Bakugou outright insulted some of the other students who tried to become his friends recently but he genuinely sounded worried when the class was updated on your status.

"Poisoned!?" Katsuki snaps as he jumps to his feet, startling Izuku and a few others. "Are you kidding me?! Why the hell was that idiot fighting if she knew she was hurt?!"

Your shoulder was in just as bad shape, although you could never tell now with how easily an up and coming doctor, Dr. Kasugano, healed you with her quirk. Due to the nature of your injuries, Recovery Girl's full treatment would do more harm than good so young Kasugano was brought in.

The young doctor well and truly saved your life.

"Aunt...Nem...?" the soft whisper quickly broke Midnight out of her thoughts and her eyes darted to your glossed over ones.

"Y/n, honey, I'm right here..." she sweetly cradled your face and you lightly nuzzled into the warmth of her palm.

"Where...wheram..." you slurred, your brows furrowing in confusion as the words refused to pass your lips.