Part Eighteen | The Boy Born With Everything

Here we gooo. Again, I do apologize for not updating for four months! Thanks so much for being so patient and sticking around regardless for more! I hope you all enjoy!

_______

3rd Person POV

Elsewhere in the stadium, Midoriya fiddled with his hands as he stood across from Todoroki, who bore a serious expression.

"You brought me here. Now what?" Izuku asks with a concerned frown. 'What's all this about?'

The taller teen remained silent, staring holes into the shorter of the two, much to his discomfort. Midoriya swallowed the lump in his throat and tried again.

"We should probably eat soon. The cafeteria's gonna be busy..."
.
.
.
.
.

Nothing but silence.

"Don't you think?" Midoriya presses, trying for some or any reaction from Todoroki who only continued his silent staring.

Midoriya all but shivered, feeling a bout of dread slip down his spine. 'He's all cold intimidation. Way different from Kacchan...'

"...I..." Shoto finally spoke, instantly gaining Midoriya's attention. "I was overwhelmed...And it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago."

Izuku frowned, his stare shifting to Todoroki's hands currently stuffed in their pockets. 'It would have given him such an advantage to use his left side. And yet... he didn't...'

Todoroki slipped his left hand from his pocket and brought it closer, staring listlessly at it.

"Iida and Kaminari...Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami...Uraraka...none of them felt it. In that moment, I was the only one who could sense your true power. It reminded me of something...experiencing All Might's quirk." Todoroki explains, flashes of All Might's fight against the Nomu at the USJ flickering before his eyes.

Izuku gulped, a shot of fear barreling into his chest at the comparison. "Oh yeah? Okay...Is that all?" he asked nervously, trying his best to appear unsettled.

"I'm saying...the power coming from you felt the same as All Might's. Midoriya, tell me, are you really All Might's secret love child or something?" Todoroki asks, face as serious as ever, leaving Izuku with a blank expression of disbelief.

'Am I... What?!' of all the things Izuku would've dreamed up that Todoroki would ask, this was something he could never have imagined.

"I've seen it. You've got All Might in your corner, helping you out." the memory of Shoto pointing this out in his 'Declaration of War', sends Midoriya's mind into a spiral.

'Okayy...I get why he'd think that...insane as it sounds...'

"Well, are you?" Todoroki pushes and Izuku all but falls over himself to deny it.

"No, no way! That's not it at all. But I guess even if I was, I'd totally say I wasn't, so you probably won't believe me no matter what, I bet..." Izuku flounders, flailing his hands in an attempt to convince the other. "Anyway, I promise you've got the wrong idea. And...why would you even think that about me, anyway?" the shorter teen questions, now feeling that the tension around them had lessened somewhat.