Part Twenty | Battle on, Challengers!

On to the next one! Gonna be a bumpy chapter, guys!

Also, major warning for some triggering content in this chapter. I'll mark the start of the scene with an * when it begins and ends so be careful!

_______

3rd Person POV

Still thinking over your strange behavior recently, Midoriya re-entered the student booth of the stands, or more importantly, the 1-A stands.

"Ah! There you are, Deku! You did good!" Uraraka compliments, although her expression wasn't as lively as you'd expect. Izuku could say for most of the class, they had varying dismal looks and he couldn't find it in himself to blame them.

"Ah, thanks Uraraka..." he tried to put on a smile as Iida quickly grabbed his attention.

"Come on down here, we saved a seat for you!" Tenya announced, pointing to the seat between himself and Tokoyami. Midoriya's eyes softened and his smile grew a bit more sincere.

"Thanks, guys!" as he made his way over, Ojiro leaned over and held up his fist with a smile. It seemed rather infectious as Izuku found himself smiling as well and, with a short nod, he bumped his fist with Mashirao's.

_______

"Dammit, where'd she run off to?" Bakugou scowls, tearing down another hallway with Kirishima hot on his heels as his ruby stare flit over his surroundings.

"She looked so upset..." Eijiro mumbles, looking around before quickly catching up with Bakugou. "L/n could be anywhere, Bakugou...I dunno if we're gonna find her..."

Sucking his teeth, the blond paused for a moment before taking a sharp corner to his right. "If you're gonna think like that, Shitty Hair, then buzz off and I'll find that damn idiot myself!" serving the red head a pointed glare, Bakugou didn't say another word as he continued his search. Kirishima sighed before putting his concerns aside and following after the blond.

_______

Silently, you paced, staring at the scene that lay frozen on your phone's screen. You'd re-opened the video from Heroshu on your parents and paused it once the fan footage began to play.

The furious side profile of your father glowered at an unseen villain as he held your mother in his arms, surrounded by a plethora of different weapons. They were all pointed at his enemies while he cradled Enchantress, putting pressure on the grievous wound near her ribs.

All you could do, was stare.

After all this time...After ten years they were coming back...It took your mother almost dying for them to decide to return to Japan. Grimacing, you shakily thread your fingers through your hair as your emotions dueled with each other.

You didn't know whether to be happy that Homare was alive, happy they were coming back or furious that they were returning only after all this time had passed.

"It's been so long...I don't...How the hell am I even supposed to feel?" you groan, pressing the heel of your palms into your eyes as you slide down the wall and sit on the floor. "She was the worst...She was the worst and yet..."

_______

"Again." Homare ordered, her critical stare burning holes into your trembling form as you shakily raised your fists.

"Homare, don't you think she should rest for a while? Y/n's had enough..." Kosuke questions, sparing you a saddened once over as your scraped knees wobbled. For the past hour, Homare had been drilling you with hand to hand techniques to not only immobilize an enemy, but to get close enough to sap some of her energy for your quirk.