Part Eight | Do Your Best Iida 1.5

Time for some USJ drama 😣

________

3rd Person POV

“Nice of you to join us, L/n.” Aizawa gives a light nod as you gently close the class door behind you. Recovery Girl was hesitant to heal you but you insisted you were fine and she eventually gave in.

“Sorry for causing any trouble...” you give Eraser a light bow but he waves it off with his usual aloof expression.

“It's fine. I guess the old lady overdid it, huh...” he shrugged. “Well, in any event, go to your seat. I was just about to explain what you'll be doing today.”

‘What we'll be doing?’ you wonder as you silently get to your seat. ‘Isn't All Might the one who will teach us Heroics?’

“Okay, so, today's training is going to be a little different.” Eraser starts, "You will be having three instructors: me, All Might and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you.”

‘So All Might is gonna be teaching us after all...’ you hum. ‘Huh, maybe it's something like the battle training we had before and All Might is having Eraser and someone else help out?’ you muse silently and you spot Hanta raising his hand out of the corner of you eye.

“Sir, what kind of training is this?" he asked and a couple others murmur curiously.

‘Guess I’m not the only one who was wondering...’

In response, Aizawa pulls out a card and displays it to the class. The bold, blue word RESCUE was printed on the card and more soft whispers break out amongst the class.

“Rescue,” Shota confirms before setting the card down. “You’ll be dealing with natural disasters, ship wrecks and stuff like that.” he explains and a few of the others share excited looks.

“Disasters huh? Sounds like we're in for a big work out.” Kaminari frowned only for Jiro to tease him.

“Real hero stuff! This is what separates the men from the boys.” Kirishima declares with a grin as a ripple of anticipation rolls over the class.

“I'm shaking with excitement.”

“Finally, I'll get to show how good I am under water, ribbit.”

“Guys I'm not finished yet.” Aizawa glared, activating his quirk and everyone knew better than to say another word. “That’s better...Now, what you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes.” he sighed, pressing the remote to bring out our hero costumes. “But keep in mind you haven’t gotten used to them yet and they might limit your abilities. This special training is going to take place at an off campus facility so we will be taking a bus there. That’s all now start getting ready.”

_______

“Wait, Deku what happened to your costume?” Uraraka asks just as you catch up with them outside. You were in your full costume, sans your visor but some of your classmates weren't wearing their full gear.

Bakugou had his usual costume save for his mask and he was down one gauntlet. Midoriya was wearing the UA Gym uniform with the faux jaw mask, elbow pads and knee pads from his costume. He was in his usual red sneakers, as expected.

“Oh, you saw what happened during the battle training. My costume was totally ruined so the company is trying to fix it for me.”

“Oh right...Bakugou really destroyed your gear, didn’t he...” you frown at the memory. “That guy really doesn’t know how to hold back, huh...” you sigh as you fiddle with your gloves. You all stood in your clustered groups as you waited on your bus and, surprisingly, Uraraka wasn’t wearing her helmet. Iida wasn’t wearing his either.