Part One | Entrance Exams

Welp, I've finally caved and I'm making a full on My Hero reader insert fic! I don't have any plans for pairings right now (and I'm not sure if I'll even have a pairing for this) but I hope you all enjoy ^^

____________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3rd Person's POV

"Are you sure you wouldn't rather go in on recommendations?" Nemuri Kayama, aka the "18+ Only" Hero Midnight, asks, dressed casually as she walks with you to UA high. "I can let Principal Nezu know right now if you want." she offers but you shake your head with a barely there smile.

"It's fine, Aunt Nem." you respond softly. "If I want to really be a hero then I should do this...I think I have to..."

Nemuri chuckles, ruffling your hair as you draw closer to the school gates.

"You've really grown since we met, Y/n." she smiles, genuinely, and you feel a bit of warmth flare up in your cheeks. "I know you'll do well." with that, Midnight headed off to meet with the other pros. Sighing, you look up at the large, if not slightly intimidating, structure before you. UA High.

The most prestigious hero school in the country.

So many well known, powerful heroes came from this school. They learned from the best and if you aced this exam, so would you.

'You can do this.'

Y/N's POV

Walking past the entrance, I barely had time to catch my footing as someone harshly brushed past me and knocked my shoulder with their own.

"Get outta my way, shitty extra." the blond scowled, barely even looking over his shoulder at me before stomping off. He had a similar interaction with a timid looking green haired boy before he walked past the doors.

"Jerk..." I mutter, faintly noticing the green haired kid tripped only to be helped by a brunette girl who...was making him float?

Shaking my head, I looked past the two and headed through the large doors. This was my first step on the way to being a hero.

______________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Once inside, I didn't have much choice other than following the flow of students who filtered in and, eventually, I found myself in a large auditorium. As luck would have it, seating was reserved via student number and mine was right next to that timid looking boy from earlier.

The rude blond wasn't far off and I soured somewhat at that but made a point to avoid even breathing in his direction.

'That guy has issues...'

"Hello to all my listeners out there!" a boisterous, albeit familiar, voice booms and your gaze turns to the stage in surprise.

"Oh, that's Present Mic..." I say, pausing to glance at my left as that green haired boy repeated me. Although he was a bit more excited. Probably a fan of Present Mic, judging from how starry eyed he looked. It was kind of cute.

"We have so many examinees today! If you're ready to Smash the exam, say hey!"

No one responded.

My lips twitched with a smile at Mic's choice of words but I felt a little bad for him considering no one replied. He took it in stride and continued on with barely a pause.

"Okay! We have an intense batch today, that's cool! A nice, refined response is what I'd expect from UA hopefuls! In that case, let me present what you will be facing today! Are you ready!?"