Part Five | Battle Training!

U.A's hero course curriculum had normal core classes. For example, Present Mic, the Voice Hero, taught your English class and these core classes usually took place in the mornings.

"Now, which of these four sentences contains a mistake?" Mic asked, more like yelled, as he tried to get the students to participate. Judging by the blank look on Ashido and Kaminari's faces, Mic had realized that you were all absolutely lost. "Hey, everybody look alive!" he tried, "Grammar rules!"

'It honestly doesn't...' Y/n frowns, shifting her elbow so her cheek remains propped in her palm while class continues. Mic droning on was beyond tiring. Especially thanks to her training going well past her bedtime last night. Stifling another yawn, the girl fought to keep her eyes open. 'I definitely shouldn't have stayed up so late...'

_______

"So...You can sap energy from power sources and even surroundings..." Kayama hums, standing before Y/n in their backyard/makeshift training space.

"Yeah, somehow..." she mutters as she flexes her gloved fingers. The sun was already setting, bathing Musutafu in its orange glow as people rushed to get home before dark.

"But you still can't turn it off yet, right?" Nemuri taps her chin in thought and Y/n shakes her head.

"Aunt Nem, I'm not sure I can...I mean, we're noticing these loopholes, I guess, with Vampirism but it's always just been...on..." she lets her hands drop to her sides with a sigh. "Maybe it just can't turn off?"

"Hmm...I don't think so, Y/n. I think you'll be able to have full control over your quirk someday! All you have to do, is control it. Not let it control you...So that's what we're gonna work on today!"

_______

3rd Person POV

"...Not let it control me, huh..." you were so lost in thought, you almost missed the sudden flash of a hand waving in your face. "Gah!" you jerk back in surprise and your reaction gains a similar squeak from the teen before you.

"S-sorry, L/n!" Midoriya wrings his hands with a shaky smile. "Class is over a-and it's lunch now...Mostly everyone is gone so I was wondering if you would like to eat with us..." he asks sheepishly, his voice growing quieter with each second and you straightened a bit in your seat.

"Us?" you echo and Izuku perks up somewhat.

"A-ah, yes! Us! Err...Myself, Uraraka a-and Iida..." he explains, glancing momentarily at the door and you follow his stare only to indeed see the duo in question waiting nearby.

'Why would they want to eat with me...? That's too many people anyway...' you sigh, rubbing the nape of your neck at the expectant look on Izuku's face. 'Damn it...I'm no good with looks like that...He pouts like Aunt Nem...'

"Ah, well I...I guess, yeah..."

Okay, so maybe the excited grin on the kid's face was worth it.

_______

The cafeteria, no matter how large, was absolutely teeming with students from the other various courses in the school and you were already regretting your decision.

'Okay, screw how happy he looked, this was a bad idea!' how you'd managed to avoid accidentally touching someone, you didn't know, but at this rate it was bound to happen.

Despite having the meals prepared by the Cook Hero Lunch Rush, everything offered was surprisingly cheap and looked ridiculously appetizing.

Izuku looked to be in awe that Lunch Rush was serving and was, as expected, downright giddy.