1:FOUR

▪︎

▪︎

The sun shone bright high in the sky as the first year specialists wandered outside for their first day of training. As Vienna walked into the training area with two of her acquainted roommates, her eyes wandered past the various older students sparring in various locations.

"Bex and I have hand to hand combat," Natia revealed as Vienna turned towards the two.

"I have sword combat. I guess i'll see you later." She parted from the two girls and began to walk towards her father, when her eyes fell on Sky and his brunette friend sparring on an elevated platform. She grinned as she watched the brunette's back slam into the ground, the blonde boy standing above him with the wooden baton pointed at his neck.

"You got slow this summer," Sky remarked as he leaned down to help the boy to his feet.

"You fight like a boy," Vienna stated with a smirk as she rested her forearms against the platform, turning their attention towards her.

"Did you mean girl," the brunette commented as he observed her with a raised brow.

"Hmm. No," the girl responded after pretending to think about it. "If you had fought like a girl maybe you would have won."

Sky burst out laughing as he looked over at his friend, and used the end of the wooden sword to close the other boy's gaping mouth. "Are you gonna let her own you like that?"

"Come on then newbie. I'd like to see you try and beat me."

"Nahh. I wouldn't wanna bruise your ego. Well, bruise it any more after that epic display of failure."

"Maybe you shouldn't Vie," Sky started as she raised a brow at him. "Riven won't go easy on you, even if you're a first year."

"Who said I wanted him to go easy on me?" She quirked with a knowing smile.

"What's going on here then," A familiar voice came from behind Vienna. She turned her head to find her father approaching, one hand gripping onto the hilt of his sword.

"I was challenging Newbie here to fight me."

"Is that so." Silva turned towards Vie with a questioning gaze before shrugging. "Alright. Let's see what you're made of."

Vienna grabbed a couple wooden batons from the rack and hoisted herself onto the platform, a smirk on her face as Riven began to circle around her

"Is this a good idea." She heard Sky whisper to her father as she walked around the mat, calculating what move she should make. Riven suddenly lunged forward with a baton which she quickly blocked, before quickly moving her batons again to block his second advance against her.

The batons clattered as the two clashed with each other, before Riven swung his arm again aggressively. As Vienna ducked to avoid him, she finally found an opening, and quickly spun and kicked the boy right in his torso sending him stumbling back with a grunt.

"Come on Riven. Are you gonna let a first year beat you," Silva called out as the two opponents circled each other again. Vie gaped at her father at that remark, to which he winked in reply, a teasing smile on his face. Using this as a distraction, Riven raised his leg to kick her in the knees, but the girl managed to block his foot in time using both batons before she crouched down and swept her leg, sending the boy flying to the floor for the second time that morning.

"Like I said," Vienna started as she stood up and pointed one baton at his neck. "You fight like a boy."

"Damn newbie you've got moves." he gasped as he laid against the floor, his eyes closed as he panted out.

"Just in time for your first scheduled lesson of the year," Silva stated as Vienna hopped off the platform and returned the batons to the rack.

"Try not to drown in your sorrows Riven," the girl joked as she began to walk away from the two boys, her father walking beside her.

"Impressive work sweetheart," he praised as she beamed at him, the two of them strolling towards their first training session. "I can't say i'm surprised that you picked a fight on your first day though."

"What can I say, I take after my dad," she shrugged with a laugh as they approached the various other students standing around. The girl moved to stand next to a girl who looked slightly out of place and gave her a welcoming smile. "Hi, i'm Vie."

The girl turned to her in surprise before returning a small smile. "Adrianne."

"Wait." Vienna furrowed her brows. "You wouldn't happen to be the roommate with the billion daggers would you?" The girl chuckled slightly as she nodded in response.

"That's me."

"I knew you were cool before I even met you."

"Right!" Silva cut off, signalling for the group of students to gather around him. "Time to get started."

▪︎☆▪︎

I suck at sparring scenes lmao sorry

I also cut the episode in half so the next chapter will be like a part two to this chapter.

Also thank you for 1k wtf

A x