1:SIXTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

All four girls stealthily stalked through the woods under the cover of night, ears perked as they listened out for any movement through the trees around them.

Vienna tried to suppress any doubts as she canvassed the area. There was a high chance the Burned One wasn't anywhere near Alfea, but she had to believe that there was a chance to save her dad. She didn't know what she would do without that little fragment of hope she was clutching onto.

She could see the other girls silently moving away as they ventured further into the woods, Adrianne and Natia with their swords, whilst Bex opted to use her compound bow.

Vienna's eyes glowed purple as she dematerialised into the shadows, and covertly moved through the woods at a faster pace without the fear of attracting the wrong attention.

She furrowed her brows and came to a stop as she felt a strange presence in her shadow form, almost like the wisps of darkness were tugging her in a particular direction. After a few moments of contemplation, she raced through the shadows with its presence guiding her.

She began to slow down slightly as she registered two figures standing in the distance, one tall blonde and fiery red-head, both of them standing back to back as they circled around with their guards up. A slight movement in the tree behind them caused Vienna's eyes to move up the trunk.

"Watch out!" she exclaimed as she quickly materialised from the shadows, her hand instantly moving towards the hilt of her sword as the creature jumped from above. She pulled the sword and whirled around, gaining enough momentum to send the sword flying straight towards the Burned One with a large force. The blade buried itself deep into its chest as it landed onto the floor, mere inches away from where Bloom and Sky had previously been standing.

It pulled the sword out with ease and began to advance towards Sky, who had his sword raised. The boy began to attack the creature with a flurry of moves as Vienna dove towards Bloom to help her to her feet and away from harm. As soon as she saw that the other fairy was okay, Vienna grabbed her abandoned sword from the ground and turned back towards Sky, just in time to watch him go sprawling towards the floor as the Burned One kicked him in the chest.

"Cover your eyes!" a familiar voice shouted, causing Vienna to quickly clench her eyes shut. A whistling noise travelled through the air before a small bang went off, followed by a bright white light shining through Vienna's eyelids.

As she opened her eyes again, she found the Burned One stumbling around with a flash bomb arrow stuck in its chest, and Sky frantically moving away as he attempted to reclaim his sword.

As Vienna went to move towards it, a series of vines began to creep out of the floor and around the creature's legs, effectively locking it into position. Bloom moved past Vienna with glowing orange eyes, her hands outstretched with her palms facing up. With a large inhale she pushed her hands forwards, sending a wave of fire towards the creature and engulfing it in a flaming inferno.

Sky quickly scrambled to his feet and moved towards the creature with his sword. He dove it straight into its chest, twisting it several times before pulling it back out again. Vienna watched as it ungracefully fell to its knees, before slumping to the floor in a heap.

She finally turned her head towards the edge of the clearing and found Bloom's friends along with Adri, Nat, and Bex. She gave them a small smile as she inched towards the charred body, wanting to make sure it was truly dead.

"Wait!" one of the girls exclaimed as everyone began to move closer. "I don't think it's-"

She was cut off by the sound of the Burned One as it roared and shot up back up to its feet, sending everyone stumbling backward in shock. Vienna raised her sword to try and fight it, but to her surprise, the creature began to glow orange from the inside out.

Sky quickly moved to protect her from the creature, which was on the verge of exploding into a small supernova. His arms circled her waist as he pulled her away, the movement causing her to gasp slightly in shock. Moments after she buried her face into his chest, the blinding light pulsed through the woods, so bright it must have lit up the woods for miles.

"No it wasn't dead," a voice stated as Vienna pulled away from Sky slightly, and found Farah walking towards the group, her eyes dimming to their normal form. "It is now."

Vienna took one last look at the Burned One as she sheathed her sword. She quickly took off running towards the grounds of Alfea, desperate to see if the mission had worked in her favour.

▪︎☆▪︎

I feel like this chapter isn't as dramatic as I envisioned it lmao

The arrow is supposed to be like the one Allison Argent uses to blind werewolves in teen wolf.

Anyways, thanks for reading!!

A x

ps. another reminder that I have a Bellamy fic for all the new readers who may like the 100