1: TWENTYTWO

▪︎

▪︎

The gravel noisily crunched under Vienna's shoes as she paced outside the main doors of Alfea, with the three teachers and Sky accompanying her as they tried to figure out a plan to track down Beatrix.

"We're losing time Dad," Vienna cut off as she crossed her arms in front of her. "Let me scout along the main road, she can't have gone that far."

"It's too dangerous, Vie," Sky tried to convince. "Bloom was taken by Beatrix because of me, I don't want you to be put in danger as well."

"He's right sweetheart," Silva agreed with a shrug, "I'm not putting you in harms way."

"Every second we spend here arguing or coming up with a plan could be spent looking for Bloom," Vienna argued. "I can shadow travel a mile down the main road in seconds." She sighed softly as she saw the look of uncertainty on her father's face. "Look, I promise not to engage unless you tell me to, I just wanna find her."

"She's right, Saul," Farah agreed as she shrugged at the man. "She'll have the element of surprise too."

"Fine," the man finally agreed after a few agonising moments. "Promise me you won't engage unless told."

"I promise. Now let's go!"

All the adults instantly moved to get in their car as the girl began to run towards the main gates.

"Be careful, Vie," Sky called out from behind her as the girl ran.

"I will!"

The girl dematerialised without hesitation as she approached the trees at full speed, and melted into the shadows without a second of delay.

For several minutes she raced down the main road, the shadows around her branching off down smaller paths in an attempt to scout the areas around her.

She materialised back into a corporeal form as a pair of headlights twinkled in the distance, the shape of the vehicle vaguely resembling the stolen SUV. She quickly pulled out her phone in her left hand and a knife in her right, her fingers quickly dialling her father's number before she pulled the phone close to her ear.

The tree partially provided some cover as she narrowed her eyes and stared ahead, the fingers of her right hand tightly curling around the handle of her knife.

"I think I've got eyes on her," she spoke into the phone as her eyes stayed firmly fixed on the approaching car. "She should be coming towards you."

"Don't do anything yet," her father ordered, "Not until we catch up to you."

Vienna didn't respond whilst she kept the phone close to her ear, her right hand twirling her knife as she watched the oncoming vehicle grow larger and larger in her vision.

"Now!" A voice yelled as soon as the car came within twenty metres of the girl. She quickly dropped the phone to the floor and stepped out from behind the tree, her left hand moving to pull out another knife from her harness.

As soon as the car came close enough, Vienna sent both blades flying towards the front tyre closest to her, and watched as two glowing arrows buried themselves in the other front tyre. She whirled to find her father standing in the middle of the road, a bow in his hand as he watched the car aggressively brake to a stop in front of him.

The door on the driver's side burst open and Beatrix stumbled out, the magic from the arrows almost sending her to her knees as they worked to prevent her from running away.

"Not today," Farah spoke as she surged towards the air fairy and slapped on two magical cuffs on both of her wrists. Vienna watched in shock as Beatrix's hands trembled, the metal from the cuffs harshly cutting open the skin around it as it drained Beatrix of her powers.

The other door burst open as Bloom jumped out, and both Silva and Professor Harvey ran to restrain the girl who screamed and attempted to reach for Beatrix.

"Stop it!" Bloom exclaimed as she thrashed around in their arms. "Stop!"

"Take Bloom, I'll handle this," Farah ordered as she dragged Beatrix away.

Vienna stepped forward to reclaim her knives, then went back into the woods to retrieve her phone which she had dropped moments earlier.

She turned around to watch Silva shove Bloom into the back seat of the stolen SUV. "I'll see you back at Alfea," she softly spoke to her father, who nodded in response to her. She wasn't sure she wanted to sit in the same car as Beatrix, and based on how Bloom had reacted, she wasn't sure she wanted to share a car with her either.

With that, she melted back into the shadows, and began to make her journey back to a place she had seen as safe her entire life.

▪︎☆▪︎

Questionable chapter but we move

Do you guys prefer shorter chapters with quicker updates or longer chapters with slightly slower updates? My chapters are currently between 750 and 1000 but I'm down to make them longer if yall are okay with waiting a lil longer between updates.

Also I posted a saul silva velocity edit on Instagram (@ voidbrekker), it's been a great form of therapy lowkey✨

A x