Chapter 3

Taila POV

Stuffing myself in vanilla ice cream, I jumped inside my bed as I took off my black wig tossing it at the side, and put on my bonnet with my black polka dot lace pajamas watching money heist on Netflix.

Suddenly I saw a facetime call from my phone and immediately grabbed it, my smile grew.

"Ayoo, how is my fine lady doing." My best friend Sim said while she sat next to her boyfriend Jax.

She was staying in her home country India for a while with her boyfriend leaving me in New York in my penthouse, alone.

We met in a social club 3 years ago for people experiencing mental illness, since my depression was getting worse I decided it was time to socialize with others. I almost regretted going there because there was either someone who couldn't talk because of social anxiety or someone who ended up having panic attacks out of nowhere.

So yeah the meeting went great.

Then a girl next to me asked if my hair was real or fake.

Like no bitch I grew it on a farm.

I then turned to her giving her the middle finger and smirked, she called me a bitch and we started going every week, realizing we have a lot in common which includes the things that we hate the most.

The rest is history, she was practically my family.

"You know she vibing or whatever, how you doin' ma you looking cute," I smirked while giving her the sex eyes.

"Oh stop it I'm blushing, you're going to get Jax jealous." She said while hitting Jax's arm and he groaned out "what."

"Anyways, tell me how is your business doing you know, meeting anyone special?"

I chuckled before answering, "bitch you should know by now, I block out men from my eyes, men who? we don't need em," giving her the period sign with my hands.

"Amen sister, but seriously you going to die alone?" She arched her eyebrows.

I sighed, "That's the plan, although I was meeting this guy you know to work beside-"

She cut me off screaming, "OH MY GOD I KNEW IT YOU MET SOMEONE TELL ME, IS HE HOT? IS BILINGUAL? IS HE ITALIAN? YOU HAVE A WEAKNESS FOR THEM, I WOULDN'T MIND SOME ITALIAN-"

"Babe, I'm right here." Jax reminded Sim while his eyes were glued on the screen with his controller.

"Sorry babe." She said and kissed him on the cheek before continuing, "bitch you spill now." She leaned forward waiting for me to answer.

If there is one thing I learned about Sim is that she is persistent and she will keep pushing until she gets an answer.

"Well... He is tall I think 6'5? He is definitely Italian like you could hear it from his tongue so seductively." I groaned closing my eyes and a pool of arousal suddenly appeared.

I'll sort that out later.

"But it's pure business. No extra shit I ain't got time for none of that, I get the money and go. Period." I said while eating my ice cream.

"I guess, well sweetheart take your time, but you know a good fuck never hurt anyone you know like- oh fuck." She clung to her blanket and looked underneath.

This is the part where I hang up.

"Um, it looks like your busy so I'm just going to...yeah." I said before I hanged up the call I heard Jax say in the background "let's see if this man can eat you up good as I do, spread them legs baby."

Call ended.

Fuck me.

After that weird facetime, I decided to call one other person in mind I smiled when he answered.

"Si Taila, what do you need?" He asked in a raspy husky voice with his Italian accent coming out strong I was so tempted to just touch myself over it.

DON'T LET THE INNER WHORE OUT JUST YET!

"I just wanted to let you know tomorrow we are meeting in the underground warehouse, I'll send you the location," I said in a dry tone

"Mhm... it's funny you know, we are going to be partners yet we don't know much about each other."

"Okay let's get to know the basics, I'm 25 years old, bound to be single forever, my favourite colour is purple and red and I love McDonald's, how about you?" I asked.

"Woah slow down their Piccola. Well, I'm 27 years old, I have 2 older brothers and a sister, my favourite color is black and grey even though black is a shade, umm I don't believe in love and I l love to see my enemies being tortured by me with my gun deep in their throats begging for mercy." He replied nonchalantly like it was a normal thing for him.

Well he is a mafia boss and you work for a damn cartel which half the shit you do isn't legal so were are way past normal!

Does my brain ever shut up?

"You don't believe in love? How comes?" The words spilled out before could stop them, I mentally facepalmed myself.

"That's a story for another day, sleep well we have a long day ahead bambolina." Then before I could reply he hung up on the call.

I know he didn't just hang up on me!

I huffed giving him the nod waiting for him to call, only for a few minutes to pass by and still nothing.

Before I could do anything, sleep overcame me and all my anger flushed away as I was met with my dreams.

***

Hey yall, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

How are you doing?.. Really?

Fun fact: this is lowkey how me and one of my best friend convos are like😭😭 and funnily enough I used half of her name and she will read this book as she told me herself so, love you babes ❤️🥰

Someone said if you like this chapter your wishes will come true, I don't make the rules heh