Chapter 16

Alonzo POV

I looked back at my reflection wearing my crisp grey Armani suit, my black curls gelled to the side with a slight fade and my slight stubble which I managed to trim the untidness away.

With one last glance I walked away feeling very clean and fresh with myself.

Organisation is key. And I happen to present that.

"Father is on his way he just called me, stop adirming yourself you will forever look like roach." My annoying half brother said and I turned and glared at him.

"Fuck off, get yourself something todo the guests will be on their way."

This is the last place I want to be. However if I do not attend then that would look back on my family's name.

It's been three years since I saw my father, last time was in italy when he invited me to one of his parties on a yacht but of course I would find him screwing a young blonde upstairs. Ever since then I ignored his presence.

Wouldnt be surprised if I caught a new sibling, he tends to forget to use "protection".

"You know I have realised that business for you is actually succeeding, thats a first of many, tell me who is the business partner?"

I pulled my cigarrete out of my pockets and lit one up,

"None of your business, now if you don't mind I got to act like I give a fuck to people."

Suddenly the bell rings and I sigh,

"Great the devil has arrived. Lets get this started shall we?"

With one last puff, I put my cig on the ashtray and turn and see the demon himself, the one who made my mother's life hell, the one who ran away with his so called fiance. The one who has the nerve to call himself my father.

"Alonzo."

The deep thick italian voice caught my attention.

"Father."

We take a quick glance at eachother and to be honest he hasn't changed one bit. Slight grey hairs forming from his beard and his hair, wearing full black suit and equipped with rings.

"How are you my son?" He asks and I almost want to laugh.

"Lets not start with the small talk, in reality I know you don't give a shit about me. Tell me where is that prositute of yours?"

Something twitches inside him and I smile.

There he is.

"Don't disrepect Isabella, you will have to accept thats she will be your new stepmother soon so treat her with respect like you would to your fucking dead mum." He fires and I clench my jaw because what the fuck?

"Don't you dare bring my mother into this. You are not worthy of even breathing her name. I shouldn't even be surprised with this behaviour because this is who you are. I suggest you stay out of my way and not make things long for yourself you are only here to run the auction."

Someone clears his throat and Vincent stares back at us,

"Are you guys done? Fucking children a pair of you, get your masks ready and let us try and behave shall we?"

Lord give me strength.

***

Elegance filled the room, the ruthless mafias came with their partners, you could literally smell the scent of the rich and the metal of their weapons because if you have been to any mafia ball is that one rule, always be ready to fight.