Chapter 7

Taila POV

(I love this song)

My emotions have been all over the place, I had to contact Alonzo to check out the footage with his team. I on the other hand had to make negotiations with the Mexicans with extending the date of the package that they are expected to have in return I give them double the amount. It took me almost the whole evening to persuade them and eventually they gave in.

So now I'm outside my penthouse, exhausted, in need of sleep.

Turning my doorknob, I stepped in. However, I could feel the sense of atmosphere being shifted, eerie almost like someone broke in.

Next to the door was a baseball bat I always had around just in case of scenarios like these like come on I had to keep myself safe, the world is a dangerous place. I picked it up and slowly tiptoed the corridor turning to the living room.

"Hello, anyone there?" Silence.

"Just saying, I was a level 10 in martial arts so I will not hesitate to kick your ass so come out now!" I shouted, still tiptoeing reaching to the living room and when I arrived I dropped my baseball bat, my eyes widened in the sight in front of me.

"Surprise bitch! I know, I know you didn't expect me to be here but I am so deal with it." My best friend Sim said and I ran up to her giving her a tight hug.

"What the fuck you whore you almost gave me a heart attack. Bitch I missed you." I smiled at her while still giving her a hug.

"Well that's a whole point of a surprise but hey if I knew I was going to get my ass whopped I would have thought twice." She joked.

I didn't say anything still clinging to her like a helpless child.

"Um, if you want me in one piece then I suggest you let me go before I turn into a dead fish." I opened my eyes with realization and let go nodding slightly.

"My bad." I cleared my throat, taking in her appearance. She was wearing her denim ripped jeans with a black oversized graphic tee, her leather jacket topped off, and her black jordans and her black wavy hair were up in a high ponytail.

We had good style if I do say so myself.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot I got you something." She said before digging in her back pocket revealing a small box giving it to me.

"You didn't have to get me anything you know, now your making me feel guilty because I didn't get you anything in return." I pouted slightly.

"Shut the fuck up and take it, I don't care if you gave me your shit I would still appreciate the thought behind it."

I glared at her before opening the box and gasped.

"You didn't!"

"Yes, I did bitch!"

I looked down in my hands and it revealed a silver necklace with a small picture of Sim and me when went to the beach, I always wanted to put it up on an accessory but never had time to do so.

"I knew you loved that picture so when I was in Japan I went to the graphic studio and printed it out. You're welcome." She grinned at me and I ran and hugged her again.

"I love you so much what would I do without you?"

"Everything, come on now let's go and you fill me in with your love life." She teased before we sat down.

My hair was currently in a messy bun with still my outfit I wore outside not bothered to change. Sim put her head on my lap with her legs across the sofa dangling.

"There is not much happening, I mean my transportation didn't go to plan with the products because some bastards decided it was funny to steal my vans." I huffed while stroking her soft silky hair.

"What the hell? Do I need to beat up a bitch? I will not hesitate." I chuckled at her response. She was my partner in crime however I told her to take a break off work since she wanted to work for me. After that one particular accident, I told her she needs time to recover because that was a traumatic event for both of us.

"No, you will not be doing anything. I don't need a repeat of last time, it almost took your life." I said before blinking back the tears.

She sat up and looked at me with her blue orbs, " T, you don't need to worry about me I'm slowly getting better but I cannot let this determine my life, I need thrill please let me work for you again, it will be like old times."

I didn't reply for some time until I gave in, "Okay fine but you are starting off with the paperwork before you get into any action." She groaned at me and I slightly hit her arm to her response and we both chuckled.

"So tell me about Mr. Handsome." She asked giving me the sex eyes, and I arched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Sim, sometimes you forget you're in a relationship. Where is Jax anyways?" I lowkey tried averting the conversation away from me.

"He's at my house don't worry he knows I'm here since I had the second pair of your house keys. Anyways stop trying to change the subject."

"Ok, ok fine, well there is absolutely nothing going on between us if you must know, it's purely business plus I have no time for men," I said more to myself.

"T, you don't wanna die alone now, do you? When will you be ready?" She asked while playing with the strand of my hair.

"I...I don't know. I want to date of course I do but truthfully I'm scared. I feel like they only want me for my body and nothing else and then they will dump me like I'm a nobody." I said shakingly remembering the words of my past.

"You are just my personal slut, everything else you are useless."

Sim looked at me with concerned eyes and just gave me silence, which I was thankful for because I don't know how I would be able to continue the topic without crying.

Then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Sim said, standing up and strutting off to the front door, she had some nice curves with her slightly wide hips that swayed side to side.

My sexy best friend.

"Um, T are you expecting someone who is tall, sexy, and handsome?" My head shot up and I ran to the door finding Alonzo on my doorstep.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at him, some of his black hair dropped in front of his face and his curls were prominent with his chiselled defined jaw and he was wearing his grey Armani suit.

"Is this the sexy guy? Oh my God what are you doing wasting precious time not chasing-" I slapped her arm and glared at her making her stop talking and she raised her hands in defence.

"We have a problem." He said.

***

Hey y'all I hope you enjoyed this chapter x

I'm sorry for the slow updates, school is starting soon so I will not update frequently however further in the week I'll inform you when I will update.

I just love the friendship between Sim and Taila so I had to make a chapter based on them and how their friendship is like, they are so comfy with each other.

Question of the day- Do you like school? Why? Why not?

Someone said if you vote for this chapter, you will become famous online hehe I don't make the rules x

Word count- 1261