09

Arlo moves around 6am and grabs his guitar, ruffling his hair as he sets it in his lap. He strums a cord or two before he tunes it slightly, humming to himself. He glances over at Leah, leaning over to kiss her head.

He hangs his head as he strums gently, beginning to sing quietly to himself.

"Calm me down, before I sleep. Cause I don't know where I've just been.
And the morning seems so far away. And the drugs just hit so I'm wide awake...

Not gonna waste my life, Cause I've been fucked up. Cause it doesn't matter.
So waste my time and god save all of us. And the walls, they'll shatter..."

Arlo looks up and smiles wide as he sees familiar brown eyes watching him, a small smile spreading across Leahs face as she sees she's been caught. "Hi." She whispers.

"Hi sneaky." He says, setting the guitar aside. "How do you feel?"

"Tired." She says as she closes her eyes again. "But I'm okay." She whispers, giving a tired smile.

"Good. Sleep, I'm gonna be right here with you." He promises, tucking her up some more. He sighs softly as she sleeps again and heads downstairs to grab a drink and some food. He's just put the toast in the toaster when he hears footsteps coming downstairs.

He keeps his back to Bella as he grabs the butter and a can of Monster. She pulls her sleeves over her hands. "I hope Leah is okay..." She whispers.

Arlo scoffs and shakes his head as he grabs a knife. "Just dandy thanks, hope all your lot survived without a hitch." He snaps, angrily buttering the bread. He throws the knife in the sink and carries the things upstairs.

"Arlo, please! I'm so so sorry you got mixed up in this and Leah got hurt. It was in no way my intention! I wanted to protect you from it all and make sure you had some sort of normal, stable environment! I'm toxic, I know that-"

"You got that right." Arlo says, turning to glance at her. "You really do only care about yourself Bella... I'm glad you're okay, he's okay, they're all okay. But you don't consider others. What about Jacob? And Leah? They didn't ask for any of this either. But that doesn't matter to you or your fella, yous just care about yous. And I'm not for that. If you wanted me in your life you'd change that." He shakes his head and closes the door.

He leans against it for a moment and sighs, moving back to sit with Leah. He feels her forehead and smiles small as he feels she's cooler - more like her usual temperature. It's weird how easily he can tell the difference now. After eating his toast and taking a big drink from the can, he picks his guitar up and his song book, strumming for a while before there's a knock at the door.

"Fuck off Bella." He says, scribbling his writing out.

"Its Carlisle. I came to check on Leah, may I come in?"

Arlo looks at the door for a couple of seconds. "Fine."

Carlisle opens the door and steps in, smiling warmly. "How is everything?" He asks, closing the door behind him. He shoots a look to Edward across the hall as he does.

"Good." Arlo smiles. "She woke up for all of 30 seconds but that's good ain't it?"

"It is good. Has she eaten anything yet?" He asks as he checks her pulse.

"No, I'm waiting for her to wake again to see what she wants." He watches closely.

Carlisle smiles. "She's doing real good, I think the venom should be burned off by now. From my limited knowledge of their physiology, I think it'll be a day or two before she's her usual self but she's got you to help her if she needs it."