15

Arlo skates down the path, crouching down before he jumps and tries to flip the board, groaning as he falls on his ass again. "Fuck!"

Renesmee giggles and runs over. "You suck, Arlo."

He rests on his elbows and playfully glares. "I do? Damn it, I were really aimin for the cool uncle." He tuts. "We'll try this again later once I've had a drink."

She pulls him up and they walk back to Charlie's. "Can I ask you a question?" She says as she holds his hand.

"You can ask but whether I can answer will be the real question." He mutters. He's a tad bitter a 3 month old is smarter than him. A little.

"Why is mom being so secretive?"

Arlo opens and closes his mouth a few times. "Ah... Well, your mum has always been weird." He finally says.

Ness stops walking just by the house. "You know what I mean."

Arlo kneels down and tucks her hair back. "Listen kid, I don't know. But times are getting scary and whatever she's being weird over, well there has to be a reason. Trust her okay? I do."

Ness takes a deep breath and nods. "Okay. Do you miss Leah?" She asks quietly.

Arlo chuckles. "I do. But she's only been gone a few hours, I'm sure I'll survive until I see her tonight. Unless I piss that freak of yours off."

"Don't be mean, Jacob likes you."

"No he doesn't, kid, and I'm cool with that. Come on, you want some hot chocolate? I may be nice and share my cream with you." He says.

Ness smiles and nods fast, running inside with Arlo. He warms some milk and adds the powder, squirting some cream on top before he tops it with a few marshmallows. "Dig in kiddo."

She takes a big gulp and wipes her face. "Why don't you come to the house anymore? I like watching you annoy Alice and Rosalie."

"There's too many red eyes for me right now, bud. I'm more of an appetiser for them than a friend at the moment, it's safer for me here." He says, sipping his as he sits with her on the living room floor.

"Okay... Why do you drink so much?" She asks, sipping her mug.

Arlo clears his throat. "I don't drink that much, what makes you ask that?"

She shrugs. All she keeps hearing is her mom worry about his drinking. How hes coping. But with everything going on in their lives because of her existence, there's no time for anyone to help Arlo right now.

"You don't need to worry about me. I may not be some werewolf or vamp, but I'm right, I'm sorted." He smiles.

She giggles and nods. "Good. Will you come meet everyone though? I want you to see all the cool powers they have!"

Arlo hesitates. "Okay, let me call your mum and let her know."

Ness nods and listens as he calls Bella. She seems hesitant to let him drive but he promises he hasn't had a drink today. She frowns deeply and listens closer, pretending to be looking out the window when he comes back in.

"Cmon then booger." He says, grabbing his guitar case from behind the couch. "Your mum said I should be alrigh for a few hours there."

Ness nods and takes his hand, letting him buckle her into the passanger seat of his new car. It's an old VK Golf mk1 Charlie got for cheap off a friend for him. It's... Drivable. But older than him. He drives carefully to the Cullens, helping Ness out once he's parked up.

Carlisle steps out onto the balcony above. "Hey stranger." He smiles.

Arlo salutes before he grabs his guitar case. "Hiya." He says, closing the boot. "Ness wanted me to meet everyone."