24

Arlo raises an eyebrow at his wife. "I think you've lost it. I ain't wearin those." He snaps.

"Yes you are. We're travelling on an aeroplane which has very little hygiene and ventilation and is a breeding ground of germs. You cannot afford to get sick. Put it in." She growls, slapping the packet of masks on his chest.

He rolls his eyes and grumbles as he does what he's told; he's learned that's the best thing to do most of the time. He's only been a married man for a month or so and he's already learned so much.

They decided that the UK is probably the best place for Arlo right now as he still has access to health care there. Plus organ donation is different and could potentially mean he gets a liver sooner, and the doctor who worked with his mum to help her is willing to take Arlo on as a patient. He's one of the top specialist in England in relation to liver damage due to alcohol. Since he knew Arlo when he was younger and supported his mum at appointments, it seemed like the right decision.

Except the getting there.

Arlo is losing his patience with his wife.

Leah is losing her patience with her husband.

Both are as bad as each other.

Plus, when you add Bella, Sue and Charlie into the mix, it's been a stressful situation. Charlie is ready to quit his job and move to England with them to support his son, Bella is willing to uproot Edwards entire family - they've all lost their sanity at this point.

Leah eventually put her foot down. "Let me take care of my husband. Please. I've done everything right this far so please trust that I'll keep doing the same. I won't let him go without a fight. And what point is there in us all being there? You guys stay here, live your normal lives. There's no need for everyone to face the disruption of moving country."

It took so much more convincing than that, but here they are - just the two of them. For now, at least. They know Arlo has to remain sober for a year at the least before he'll even be considered for any surgeries, and he's only just at 7 months, but they're already planning their trips out and being there when anything major happens. Deep down Leah wants to tell them all to shove off and leave them be - she's his wife, she can take care of him.

She's stressed the whole flight as Arlo sleeps for most of it; she keeps eyeing up anyone who coughs, anyone who sniffles. And she makes sure to carry the bags so he doesn't get any germs from them. When they make it to their rental house, she immediately sends him for a shower while she sends a message that they've arrived safely.

He comes down, rubbing a towel over his damp hair as he stands in just a towel. "All you need is right here, doll." He says flirtatiously.

Leah looks up from her phone and giggles, immediately putting it down and going over to him. She wraps her arms around him and kisses him, a hum leaving his lips. "You're so God damn sexy."

"I know, it's both a blessin an
a curse." He muses cheekily. "Wanna christen the house?"

"Not right now, we gotta go for a walk." She pats his chest and pulls away.

Arlo groans. "Cmon, can't we quit with this exercise shit for today?"

"No, you've been sat down for hours and need to get the blood flowing. You're more prone to a clot than most people right now. Go change." She grins.

Arlo grumbles. "I'm getting a burger then." He mutters, trudging upstairs and changing into a hoodie and jeans. He slips his creepers on and heads downstairs.

"You know I am only so harsh because I care." Leah says as she waits by the door.

Arlo flashes her a smile. "I know, love, I think it's hot - don't worry."