11

AN// just a quick question, does anyone hate the way I spell Arlo's speech sometimes? I just think it may help people understand his accent more but let me know if i should stop!

__

__

Arlo sits on the front steps, a cigarette hanging from his lips as he gazes at the small amount of sun peaking through the clouds that are clearing. He exhales slowly and leans on the side of the house, pulling his phone out as it rings. "Ello?"

"Arlo? Hi, it's Alice, we met last week. I'm-"

"I'm not thick, I know who you are." He rolls his eyes. "What's up?"

"Well I wanted to ask if you could come for a suit fitting?" She says kindly.

"Fitting? Ah, no. I'll wear whatevers in me wardrobe." He shakes his head.

"Oh... I mean, as Bella's brother you should be part of the wedding party-"

"I may be her brother but has anything hinted to you that were close, love?" He asks, throwing the butt of the cigarette onto the grass.

Alice is silent for a moment. "You're right, I'm sorry. Maybe I can help you find something nice to wear tho? I'm sorta guessing you won't find much in your closet."

"You're the future seer righ?" He smirks. "You already knew that didn't you."

Alice giggles. "Maybe. Edward is bringing Bella by later, how about he grabs you too and brings you? I'll have some options for you to try."

"I guess so, sure." He nods. "See-"

"Oh, one last thing?" She asks pausing for a moment. "Are you really thinking of that hair color?"

"Yeh. Why?"

"Can you... Maybe... Hold off? Just until after the wedding." She asks laughing nervously.

"Goodbye Alice."

He slips his phone away and rolls his eyes, heading inside. It's weird being alone; Leah has been at home the past two days to see her mum and brother, maybe speak to the pack. Charlie is working and Bella is out with Edward of course. He doesn't mind it so much anymore, only when it leaves him all alone.

"This can't be so hard." He muses as he grabs the box of bleach and some gloves, squinting at the label. He shrugs and mixing the paste, using the reflection of the microwave to help him out it on the ends of his hair. He's squatting so low his thighs burn, but he quickly shoves the bleach on any which way.

As he puts the red dye on, a big spot drops on the floor. "Fuck!" He scrambles, looking around quickly. He grabs a kitchen towel and wipes it up quickly, cringing at the hint of red left on the white tile. "Aah no one will notice." He shrugs finishing up.

Just as he finishes blow drying his hair, he hears the door open. "Arlo?" Bella calls.

"Comin!" He calls, roughing his hair up before he leaves.

"Alice said to tell you to hold... Of... On..." her voice trails off as she sees him coming downstairs. "You did that to spite her didn't you."