13

Arlo wakes, his hand stretched across the bed where Leah should be. She went home after only a few days as she needed to see what state the packs are in. The divide left a lot in the air. Parts of him want to be with her, to leave this place and go home, but the other parts aren't sure. It's so different here... So normal.

He drags himself up and pours a drink; the bottle clatters on the others as he throws it in the bin, walking to the living room. He watches TV for a while, the usual bullshit normally on daytime TV. Its only when he sees the chat shows have halloween decorations that it dawns on him how long he's been here. He came early August and it's now... October 10th. Wow. Basically a whole two months he's spent procrastinating and drinking. Nice. Just like his mum.

He takes a trip to the off licence at the end of the street, buys a new bottle of whiskey and a bottle of vodka, headed home. When he gets there he sees the door open, stopping before he enters. "Hello?" He calls, looking for signs of entry.

He slowly steps in. "I have a knife..." He calls.

"Wouldn't work." Bella says.

Arlo rushes into the living room in surprise, backing up once he sees the red eyes. "How... Um... Are you meant to be around humans right now?" He asks, shuffling back.

Bella stands from the couch and crosses her arms. "Long story for a different time. What's in the bag?"

He holds up the blue bag and grins. "Brekkie." He says. He kicks the front door shut and goes to the kitchen as Bella follows, looking around as she does. "I'd offer ya one but..." He shrugs, sipping the whiskey he poured.

"Okay..." She says slowly. "Leah definitely wasn't exaggerating." Bella mutters. "What are you still doing here?"

"Havent had an offer on the house." He lies, sitting up on the counter.

"You have. At least 3." Bella says.

"How do you-Alice." He huffs.

Bella nods. "Alice."

"She needs to keep her nose out." He mutters, sipping his drink.

Bella takes it. "Arlo, stop. This isn't you."

"How would you know, Bells?" He tilts his head. "Just a simple question. How would you know? I can count on my hands the days we've spent together in the last 18 years." He shrugs. "How do you know."

"We were getting along. Why the sudden attitude?" She asks as she pours the glass away.

"I don't have one." He says, rubbing his eyes. "I'm busy, what is it you wanted?"

"I came to see what the heck has gotten into you!" She throws her hands up.

"Should I be flattered I was even a thought to you? Yknow, since you have Renaissance and Edweirdo now." He smirks.

"Her name. Is. Renesmee." Bella snaps.

"Redecorate." He says.

"Stop being an ass Arlo, it doesn't suit you." She snaps. "Did you stop taking your medications?"

"Not intentionally." He points to the piles of tablets on the counter. "Just kinda forgot. Ah well." He jumps off the counter.

Bella frowns. "Arlo, what is it that's keeping you here? Leah said something about you learning new things about your mom?"

"Kinda." He laughs coldly and looks up at the ceiling. "Good ole Louise Bridger. Mother of the century!"

"What did you find out?" Bella asks quietly.