14

Bella crouches down and catches Renesmee in a hug. "Hi baby!" She coos, picking her up.

Arlo stands frozen in the hotel room doorway. "Ain't she like... 2 months old? That kids like a year old."

Edward smiles. "It's good to see you Arlo. And yes, she's a little different to your average baby." He smiles proudly as he watches Bella hold the baby.

Bella smiles. "Nessie, this is uncle Arlo. Remember momma told you about him?"

Ness looks at Arlo, biting her fingers. She reaches her other hand out. He looks confused. "Urh..."

"Let her touch you." Bella says, bringing her closer.

Arlo stays frozen as he let's the door close behind him. Renesmee touches his cheek and Arlo gasps a little at what he sees. Renesmee shows him Bella telling her about him. And Leah. And Charlie. Charlie knows about her? How did he handle that?

"Leah..." Arlo whispers as she shows him his mate, looking into the distance. His heart hurts a little.

"Like I said - she misses you a lot." Bella says as she pulls Ness away. "Did you manage to book sooner flights?" She looks at Edward as he takes the baby.

"I did. We leave at 1am." He says. "We should head to the airport about 9-10ish." He looks to Arlo.

"Better get a few in me then. I'll be at the bar." He says, dropping his bags and heading out.

Bella sighs heavily and turns to Edward. "I am going to murder him. For real."

He chuckles and sets Renesmee on the bed with some toys before he wraps his arms around Bella. "I can tell he's been drinking a lot... He smells different." He says quietly. "Once we're home it'll be different, he won't need it."

Bella smiles small. "I hope so." She sighs, laying her head against his chest. "It's all he's known... His mom drank so much in front of him." She mumbles.

Edward kisses her head. "Want me to go talk to him?"

"About what?" Bella looks up at him.

Edward shrugs. "Just see how he is. I don't think he's ever had someone to confide in."

"Maybe. It sucks knowing you can't hear him properly, would make things a lot easier." She smiles small.

Edward kisses her. "I'll go speak to him."

Bella nods and watches him go.

Arlo sips his beer as he looks around the empty hotel bar, his eyes automatically rolling as he sees Edward walking over. "I don't think they'll serve what you're after."

"Terrible, I shall have to complain." He smiles, sitting beside Arlo at the bar. He shakes his head at the bartender who slinks out back again, obviously relieved. "I just came to see how you've been."

Arlo shrugs as he plays with his half empty glass. "Fine. Good. What's Bella looking for then?"

"What do you mean?"

"She's sent you to have a poke around in me head ain't she?"

Edward laughs. "She would have if it were possible. You know I'm unable to hear her, well it must be a family trait. I hear you and Charlie if I really focus but it's like losing signal with a radio."

"Ah, good to know!" Arlo grins. "I'm fine what does she want me to say? I've told her most of what's going on in my head, not like there's ever much else. Sorta like the standby screen with a logo bouncing around up here." He taps his temple and downs the rest of his beer. "Scuse me, I wan anotha!" He calls.