21

"Where's Leah?" Arlo asks quietly as he lays on the couch.

"She'll be by later, she has pack duties." Sue says as she tucks a blanket over him.

Arlo sighs. "Course." He mutters, cuddling up. She won't be - he hasn't seen her in a couple days, not since he snapped at her.

"You want anything?" Sue asks.

He shakes his head and pulls the blanket over his head as he closes his eyes. Sue smiles sadly and leaves him be, finding Charlie in the kitchen staring at the dozens of medications on the counter. "He has to take them all?"

She nods. "Yeah, different times of day, different amounts. Its okay, I've made a plan and I'll sort it all out."

"Thank god I'm dating a nurse." He mutters and pulls her into a hug. "I have no idea what to say to him."

Sue rubs his back as she cuddles him. "Just let him rest for now. Don't treat him any different to how you normally would, honey, he's well aware of his condition and doesn't need to be talked down to or treated different for it."

"I know, I'm trying. I have to face Bella later, too." He huffs. He's still so pissed at her.

Sue giggles as she pulls away and looks up at him. "You got this, big boy." She pats his chest and moves to do the dishes.

"I just... How could she do this? She can help him but she won't!" He snaps.

"There's a lot more to it, honey. You need to talk to her about it and stop avoiding-"

"I am not avoiding her!" He defends harshly.

"Yeh you are."

Both Charlie and Sue look over as Arlo slowly makes his way into the kitchen. "You should be resting."

"Me arse is numb, I've rested enough." He mutters. "Can I borrow a car?"

"You shouldn't b-"

"Doctors said nothing about not driving, just to take it easy." Arlo snaps. "Keys, please?"

Sue goes in her bag and grabs her keys. "Be careful." She says smiling small.

Arlo salutes and heads out, climbing into her truck. He ignores Charlie watching as he backs out and drives away, headed towards the rest. It takes him longer than usual but he makes it, parking up outside of Sam Uley's.

Emily comes out in surprise. "Arlo... How are you?"

He walks over slowly, his hands in his hoodie pocket. "I'm alright, fanks."

"Sam isn't-"

"Uh, it's you I came to see actually. You and Leah used to be close, right?" He asks.

"Yeah... Come in I'll make some coffee."

-

"You want to tell me where Arlo is?" Bella snaps as she enters her fathers house.

Charlie looks up from the table where he reads the paper. "Hello to you too."

"He should be resting!" Bella snaps.

"What do you want me to do, tie him down?" Charlie rolls his eyes. "Come back later."

"I came to see him now." Bella snaps.

"What, you running out of time? I thought you had all the time in the world now." He snaps.

Bella crosses her arms. "You got something to say, dad?" She snaps.

"Yeah, I do!" Charlie slams his hands on the table and stands. "I don't want to see you here again!"