05

Arlo is groggy as he begins to wake again; he tries to figure out what he remembers. Voices, darkness. Several whacks to the head and... Oh shit. Why does his arm hurt so much? He groans, rolling over to the sound of leaves crinkling under him. Where is he?

"ARLO!?!"

His hearing isn't quite right as his head spins, so he squints into the darkness and looks around. Someone grabs his arm and its like he's pulled back to reality, a gasp leaving his lips. He comes face to face with a panicked Leah who grabs his face. "Arlo!!! Oh my god, oh my god!" She pulls him into a hug.

Arlo is dazed. "Leah... What..."

"Shh Shh, I'm here." She promises, stroking his head. She pulls away and cups his face. "Look at me, are you okay? What hurts?"

He rubs his eyes for a moment, his processing still a little hazy. "Um, m-my head. And arm. What happened?"

"I'll explain soon okay, I just need you to trust me. Do you trust me?" She asks.

Slowly, Arlo nods. He looks around, his eyes widening as he sees some rather large wolves. Leah grabs his face. "No no, I said trust me. Keep looking at me." She says.

He stares at her with wide eyes. "Those are-!"

"I know." She says, helping him stand. "I'll explain everything, but I need to get you back to safety and checked over." She says. She gets a little impatient with his pace and scoops him up; too dazed to notice, or value the comical moment of female Leah carrying bulky him, he closes his eyes and leans his head against hers. "Bella... Her name was-was mentioned." He mutters.

"Bella is safe." A male voice says.

Arlo squints in the sudden light as he looks up at the voice. "You're grumpy lookin."

Leah sets him on the couch. "Hey, don't go to sleep, you've got a concussion." She taps his cheek. "Arlo, I'm serious." She says as he closes his eyes again.

Sam rolls his eyes. "Let me hit him."

"I'll hit you in a minute. Why did you all come? I had it under control, I got him. You guys helped me find him, thanks, but you didn't need to stay. You're now the reason he'll know." Leah snaps. "Arlo!" She shakes him.

Sam rolls his eyes. "Let's hope he gets a brain bleed and suffers amnesia then."

Leah glares and tries to ignore him. Hating that she has to, she slaps him hard across the face. He gasps and grabs his cheek. "Ow!!! What the heck!!"

"I said stay awake." She points at him.

He rests his head in his good hand with a sigh. "Hate you." He mutters. "What the fuck were those wolves." He demands.

"That was us." Sam says.

Arlo looks up and glares at him. "And who are you?"

"Sam Uley. Alpha of the quileute tribe." He says bluntly. "And, no thanks to you, our secret is now compromised."

Arlo squints across the unfamiliar living room. "No thanks to me!? Are you fucking serious!?"

Leah stops him from lunging at Sam. "Hey. I'll beat his smug ass later, right now you need to sit down. My mom's on her way home, she's gonna check you over."

Arlo glares at Sam still. "He can get lost then."

"No-"

"Sam, go." Leah says, not looking over at him.

Sam glares. "Leah-"

"Go." Leah snaps, glaring over with pure hatred.

Sam is shocked at this. Though he knew she hated him, he always saw the love in her eyes still. Now? It's all gone. He slowly leaves the room, shaking his head.