16

Arlo taps his non-injured foot impatiently as he waits for the doctor to see him. He somehow managed to get here alone after he slipped, one or two many drinks into his evening. Its the next day by now and Leah is at the battle - basically, as usual, Leah is helping save his sisters ass.

Charlie is out of town, all the other wolves are busy and so are the vamps. So he drove with a broken foot once he'd sobered up some and slept it off - he was in agony when he woke up, though, and knew he had to get it seen to.

"Definitely a broke ankle." The doctor says. "I think we'll try a boot for now, but no weight baring for a few weeks."

Arlo salutes. "Perfecto."

The doctor pulls a chair up beside the bed, Arlo raising an eyebrow. "Now... Being that you're 18 years old, fit and healthy, we didn't expect the blood test to show us anything concerning." He begins, looking at the boy. Since Arlo hadn't had any general checks done for a while the doc decided to run a few while he was here.

Arlo frowns a little. "Yeah?"

"Arlo, your liver function is quite concerning for a boy of your age. I'd like to run some investigatory tests to see-"

Arlo shakes his head. "Naa, it's all good. I bet it's nothing." He says. He knows exactly what it is, of course he does. But why would he admit it? Admitting it is admitting he has a problem. "Look, can I get sorted and go? It's new years day, I don't wanna sit around all day."

The doctor sighs and nods once, leaving quietly. Once he's gone, Arlo sits back and rubs his face. He has to cut down. He can do it. He doesn't need the drink. He likes it, but he doesn't need it; he'll be like his dad, a beer a night. Or just on weekends. It'll be fine.

Once the nurse has showed him the boot and stuff, he hobbles his way out on his crutches, puffing air into his cheeks as he realises he can't drive. "Shit." He mutters.

"What happened!?" Leah panics, running up behind him.

Arlo hops around, smiling wide. "You're okay!!"

"You're not!" She says, grabbing his face. "I can't leave you for a day!?"

He smirks. "I'm fine, I got two left feet ain't I?" He shrugs, leaning over to kiss her. "I'm alright, I promise. Good job you're here, I can't drive."

Leah scowls and punches his arm, satisfied with his groan and 'ahhh' as he tries to shake the pain out. She grabs the keys from his hoodie pocket. "I'm so mad. Why didn't you call!?"

"I figured yous were all a lil busy." He rolls his eyes, climbing in. He pushes the crutches into the back and buckles up. "What happened? Is everyone alright?"

Leah backs out of the space and begins to drive him, constantly looking over at Arlo. She guarantees it involved drinking... "Everyone's fine. It could've gone bad but Alice came back - she found another hybrid."

"Course she did." Arlo rolls his eyes. "Everything always turns out peachy for Bella dun it."

"Well, hopefully now things will settle." Leah says. "We can go back to how things were, back to normal." She's trying to hint at the times before all of this, especially the times when Arlo didn't drink.

"Normal? That ship sailed the day I moved here." He mutters, looking out the window.

Leah stays quiet and just drives, pulling up outside the house. She helps Arlo out and follows him, making sure he gets up the steps okay. "Do you want anything?" She asks.

He shakes his head, crutching his way upstairs slowly. "I'm gonna go nap. Wanna join me?"

"I'll be up soon." She promises with a smile. He smiles in return and disappears, Leah waiting to hear the door close before she goes to the kitchen and pulls her phone out.