08

Arlo waits anxiously for news; he doesn't like not being with Leah, and knowing that she's in danger is even worse. With Charlie gone fishing all weekend, it means he's home alone and has no other distraction. He's almost paced a hole into the floor, but eventually her truck pulls up. He throws the door open and she runs into him, sobbing. "What's happened!?"

Leah clings to him as she cries, her arms tight around his waist. "He got hurt... Because of me." She cries.

Arlo calms a little as he realises his sister is okay, it must be one of her brothers; not that he really likes Bella but still, he wouldn't want her hurt. "Who? Come on, let's get you inside." He says, picking her up. She wraps her legs around him, clinging to him koala style, as he kicks the door closes and heads inside. He sits on the couch and strokes her hair back. "Who's hurt?"

"Jake." She hiccups, sitting up a little. He tucks her hair back as she wipes her eyes, eventually climbing onto the couch beside him. "I went f-for one of the newborns that was left. H-he got his arms around me... I almost had it! I swear! Then Jake jumped in and-and he was crushed. Bit." She whispers. She absentmindedly rubs her arm. "It's all my fault."

"No baby, it was an accident. Someone had to deal with the newborn, things like this happen." He says, kneeling in front of her. He notices her rubbing her arm. "What's the matter with your arm?"

"Hmm?" She says, looking over. "Oh... I was bit." She shrugs.

Arlos eyes widen and he turns her arm, noticing the bloody bite on the back. "Leah! Jesus!" He grabs his shirt and pulls it off, wrapping it around her arm. "Doesn't it hurt!?"

Leah sniffles gently, nodding. "Burns. Like acid. But I deserve it." She whispers.

Arlo grows mad. "No you don't. What the hell is venom going to do to your body?" He worries, grabbing his phone. He tucks it between his cheek and shoulder, peeling his shirt away to examine the bite again.

Edward answers confused. "Arlo? Listen nows not-"

"You listen to me, fuckward, you get your dad here NOW." He snaps, noticing Leah sweating. "You hear me!?"

"Calm down, what's happened." He demands, pulling the jeep over. An already distraught Bella is confused, his brothers more so as they listen from the back seat.

"Leah was bitten. You get your dad here now, he needs to help me." Arlo snaps, catching Leah as she goes drowsy. He helps her lay down. "Now! what are you waiting for!?"

"Leah was bitten?" Edward says confused. "He's with Jacob, I -"

"Edward, you get someone here to help her this instant or I will end you." Arlo growls so coldly, no ounce of patience or kindness left.

Edward pauses for a moment. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

Arlo throws his phone aside and moves Leahs legs so they're fully on the couch. "I'm here babe, I'm here." He whispers, brushing her hair back from her sweaty forehead. "Leah?"

She gives a soft hum. Her hot, clamy, hand finds its way to his. "Here." She mumbles.

Arlo exhales a little in relief - a response is good, right? "Come in!" He calls the moment someone knocks on the door.

Edward swiftly walks in. "Move." He says, shooing Arlo aside. Said boy keeps ahold of his imprints hand and stands at her head as Edward kneels and takes Leahs arm gently. "Leah, can you hear me?" He asks.

She gives a soft hum and small nod. Arlo watches as Edward examines the bite. "What qualifies-"

"I have many doctorates, Arlo, now isn't the time." Edward says. "Rosalie, come in."