18

"So uh, ave we got this patient confidentiality thing or wha?" Arlo asks as he follows Carlisle out of the hospital. It feels like he's been here all day but it's only been a few hours. Still - when you hate hospitals, any time feels like a life time.

Carlisle nods, helping him into the passanger seat before putting the crutches in the back. "Of course we do." He finally says as he begins to drive. "All I can do is advise you to tell someone what's happening."

"Nothing is happening, not yet. I just had some tests, I bet they'll come back fine." He says sternly. He knows they won't, of course they won't, but he can't help denying the situation he's in.

Carlisle sighs and drives in silence. Denying it isn't healthy, but he can't force Arlo to tell anyone. And he legally isn't allowed to either. He quickly drives to the Swan's and parks up, watching Arlo hobble out. "Arlo?" The boy turns to him. "Be careful, please."

Arlo just nods once and heads inside as Carlisle drives away. Leah gets up and comes out of the living room as he comes in. "Hey what's going on?" She asks, already knowing something isn't right - their bond means she feels when things arent right.

He shrugs small. "I'm alright."

"That isn't what I..." She trails off, her eyes bulging. "What's happened!?"

"Nothin, I'm f-"

"You're not fine! You said you're alright when I didn't ask that, I asked what's going on. So that means something is wrong with you and you're tryna hide it. What's going on!" She demands, her heart racing. She clenches her shaking hands.

Arlo cups her face in his big hands and looks into her eyes. "Calm. Please." He says slowly. "I'm not going to talk to you until you're in control."

She tears as she looks up at him, nodding stiffly before she closes her eyes, taking a few deep breaths. The shaking subsides and she reopens her eyes, Arlo patient and quiet the whole time. "I'm calm." She whispers.

Arlo forces a smile and takes a deep breath. "I just had to get some tests done, that's all." He says softly, letting her face go to take her hands. "Docs are just concerned that me leg ain't heeling quicker."

Leah frowns more. "Is there something wrong?"

"Not at the moment. We gotta wait for the results. I'll be fine, it's probably just more broken than we thought. I'm not exactly the most careful am I?" He tries to smile.

Leah smiles sadly. "True..."

He kisses her. "I'm right. I'm dandy."

"You're just trying to confuse me to distract me aren't you?" She scowls.

He smirks. "I don't know what you mean."

She sighs and follows him to the couch, putting his crutches out of the way before she cuddles up beside him. He wraps his arms tightly around her and kisses her head. "What times the bonfire?"

"Were not going." Leah says.

"Urm, yeah we are. I wanna see Ness, Seth and Esme - she owes me brownies." He says.

Leah looks up at him. "You're not telling me the whole truth still, so I'm going to assume the worst. And that worst I'm imagining is that you need to rest, stay home, not drink or over eat."

"Leah, darling, I'm fine." He kisses her head. "I swear." He says. And he isn't lying - not yet, at least. For now he is fine, technically, but that will all change whenever those results come back. For now? He wants her to be his Leah. "Let's go on a date."

Leah frowns but raises a curious eyebrow. "A... Date?"

He smiles and tucks her hair back. "Yeah, is what normal people do." He rolls his eyes.