Chapter 22: A Failure Stands Tall!

"DEKUU!" Bakugo yelled as he saw Izuku coming closer with the Chidori.

"KACCHAAN!" Izuku yelled.

"HOWTIZER IMPACT!" Bakugo shouted as he fired a massive blast.

"CHIDORI, ONE THOUSAND BIRDS!" Izuku shouted.

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER!" Present Mic cried out as he and Aizawa quickly hid under the desk to brace for impact.

"I SAID THAT THESE TWO ARE CRAZY AND SHOULDN'T FIGHT EACH OTHER! PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" Denki screamed as he and Mineta held each other and prepared for the worse.

The two attacks finally collided causing a terrific explosion with a loud BOOM that shook the whole stadium as if there was an earthquake. Even people who were outside the stadium were able to see and feel the blast. As for Midnight and Cementos, they were blown to God only knows where.

The smoke and dust took a long time to clear. The crowd slowly started to physically recover from the explosion, but not mentally. They were too shocked by the sheer power of two first-year students. Once the dust and smoke finally settled down, their jaws dropped to the floor. The arena was gone, there was just a massive crater in the middle of the stadium where the ring once stood. Finally, two figures were visible, one was kneeling and the other was standing. Izuku was kneeling and covered with burns and blood as if he took a dive into a minefield, while Bakugo was still standing, his shirt nowhere to be found.

"I won't lose to... D-Deku..." He muttered before he fell down, he collapsed to the floor. He was completely rendered unconscious. Everyone was silent, only the sound of the wind could be heard.

Present Mic finally took back his seat again as he rubbed a bump on his head. His eyes widened as he observed the conclusion of this epic battle. "THE LAST MAN STANDING IS THE GREEN POWERHOUSE, IZUKU MIDORIYA! HE IS THE WINNER!" Present Mic cried out.

Izuku was stunned but he slowly stood up, his whole body was screaming and aching from the pain but he stood up. He looked around, searching for his mentor until his eyes met his. He smiled. Tears threaten to come out of his eyes, but he knew he couldn't cry now. It was really hard not to, but he knew better. He raised his arm in victory. He did it! He won!

It took a moment for everybody else to process what just happened, but then the crowd erupted into uproarious applause and cheers!

Finally! He thought. He won and surpassed Bakugo!

Izuku then lowered his arm before staring at his hand, it was injured. In fact, parts of his hand's skin were peeled and smoldered lightly. Going over 8% with the Chidori was a really bad idea, but anything less than that wouldn't have taken down Kacchan. I swear to God his tenacity must be out of this world for him to be able to stay conscious after that. Izuku thought as he remembered their final clash.

Damn, we really went overboard... He thought to himself as he observed the destruction around him. I hope we're not charged for the collateral damage. He said in his mind as he stepped closer towards Bakugo. "Let's go Kacchan, it's time for you and me to get yet another lecture from Recovery Girl about self-restraint. I know this is your first time so welcome to the club, I guess." Izuku sarcastically murmured to the unconscious Bakugo and himself, before he lifted the other teen over his shoulder and walked towards the exit. He got him out of the massive crater and quickly followed before he put him on the stretcher.

Everyone was still cheering and giving applause, now for the sportsmanship gesture more than the battle. He watched the two robots carry his foe away before he lain down on his own stretcher and gave the robots a thumbs up, meaning that he was ready to go. "Finally, some rest." He weakly murmured as he closed his eyes to rest a little bit. He wanted to enjoy that sweet little moment he had before getting scolded by Recovery Girl.