Chapter 3: Training For The Entrance Exam Part 2

The three martial artists had just finished their training this morning and since today was just another day of their summer vacation, they decided to hang out together after taking a shower and changing their clothes. And luckily, none of them lived that far from the dojo. Right now, they were currently sitting in a café. Itsuka and Ojiro were busy looking at the menu, while Izuku was more invested in his own thoughts.

Izuku had to admit that having friends after 10 years of isolation was mentally exhausting. He didn't know how to converse or interact with kids his age. He didn't have any interesting topics to talk about except for Heroes, not to mention his sense of humor was lacking, a lot. This made him so nervous. Deep inside, he knew that Itsuka and Ojiro were different from his classmates at his school, but he couldn't help but think that they would get bored of him.

"Izuku/Midoriya!" Both teens called his name, making him flinch before looking back at them.

"Uh, yeah?" He replied.

"You haven't opened your menu yet." Itsuka pointed out.

"Kendo and I are ready to order so we're waiting for you." Ojiro added.

"R-Right!" Izuku shot back as he quickly held the menu and opened it.

"Izuku you're holding the menu upside down." Itsuka chuckled.

"Oh, I-I guess that's why I am having a h-hard time reading it. Ha-Ha-Ha." He sheepishly smiled before flipping it back. He was embarrassed about the whole thing. They must think I'm lame now, don't they? He mentally thought.

That is because when Izuku used to be a kid, he used to be so clumsy, and sometimes he thinks that other than being Quirkless, his clumsiness was one of the reasons Bakugo started to call him Deku.

I guess I should just enjoy whatever little time left I have with them. He let out a sigh, before closing the menu. "I'll get an Oreo Milkshake." He simply said.

After getting their orders, Itsuka and Ojiro began to talk about their schools and what it's like until it was Izuku's turn.

"So, what is your school like?" Ojiro asked.

Oh, no... He thought.

The two teens watched as Izuku's expression shifted into an uneasy one as if they had just asked him what is it like to be in Hell.

Izuku tried to think of the right words to say. He knew he was a bad liar, but he was never going to tell them the truth. He was afraid that they would start making fun of him too. "It's quiet..." Both Itsuka and Ojiro gave him a puzzled look. "N-Nothing exciting ever... happens, but nothing bad happens... either." What he just said was actually true in some sense. Bakugo had stopped bullying him ever since the Sludge Villain and because of that, the others just forgot about his existence. Even with that, Aldera Junior High wasn't the most exciting place either.

"I see..." Ojiro hummed in thought. "They lack the spirit of youth." Ojiro nodded to himself and Itsuka looked at him with a flat expression.

"Please don't become Daisuke Kendo 2.0, it's kinda weird how you sometimes act like grandpa." Itsuka exclaimed.

"Too late, he's already my idol and I want to be like him one day." Ojiro replied, while Izuku just took a sip from his milkshake and stared at them.

Well, they are fun to be around. Izuku thought, he would definitely miss them. After all, even if they weren't going to leave him, this was his last month in the dojo.

"S-So, who's your idol, Itsuka?" Izuku asked, seeing a chance to be a part of their conversation.

"That would be the Rabbit Hero: Miruko!" Itsuka proudly exclaimed. "One day, I want to be like her. I want to be strong, beat the bad guys, and save people." She added only to see Izuku looking at her with stars in his eyes. He was entering his fanboy mode.