Chapter 28: Truth And More

Warning! This chapter contains Boruto manga spoilers like last chapter, so please proceed with caution. And because Boruto is an unfinished work, as well as not included in the story, I took the liberty to throw in my own theories and of course, alter the timeline.

Also, there's a short essay about Deku The Sharingan Hero Izuku's personality. If you guys want to understand his character more, you should read it.

Special thanks to Jaroberts251 for beta reading this chapter, shout out to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And this was only the beginning, Izuku." Izuku turned around to see none other than Shisui, standing behind him.

"Shisui!" Izuku excitedly called upon seeing his ancestor. He was both happy and relieved to see him again. Finally, there's someone who can properly explain whatever just happened.

Seeing his enthusiasm, Shisui laughed and chuckled, "I know you want your answers. Sorry about that, I really wanted to have that talk with you, but the connection between us wasn't strong enough." With a snap, everything around the two Uchiha stopped moving.

"What did you do?" Izuku asked, noticing that Hagoromo and Hamura had stopped moving too.

"I guess the easiest way to explain this, is that I have stopped time."

"Woah! Is that possible? Is that a power you have? If so, how does it work? And h-" Izuku started to bombard his ancestor with multiple questions. But thankfully, Shisui covered his mouth with a hand, stopping him.

"No, I don't have that kind of power and I never had it. I'm the one who has been showing you these visions, so I have the power to stop them at will. That's the easiest explanation, I guess."

Shisui then pulled his hand back, giving Izuku the chance to speak again. "I see, so it's like when you pause a video and play it again."

"You could say that. Anyways, care for a history lesson?"

Izuku's expression turned serious and he gave Shisui his full attention. "I want to know everything."

"I see... It's going to be a long story, so try to bear with me." Shisui said with a sheepish smile.

And with that, Izuku nodded and watched as Shisui took a deep breath. The older Uchiha's expression became more serious, matching his descendant.

"You saw the Divine Tree, right?"

"That giant tree that transformed into a giant monster, yeah." Izuku stiffened as he remembered how terrifying that monster was.

"That tree is an alien tree, born from that monster itself, which acts as the tree's seeding. It was planted by Otsutsuki. The same two you saw first when you came here, Kaguya and Ishikki. People believed that the Divine Tree nourished the land and helped it thrive, while in truth, the tree was used to slowly kill the land and its people, by draining a planet's natural energy. All to create a fruit known as the Chakra fruit."

"You mean the same fruit that Kaguya ate in order to gain that frightening power..." Izuku put a hand on his chin as he tried to piece the information he just learned.

"Yes."

"Wait. Earlier, you mentioned that they plant this tree to suck a planet's natural energy. Does that mean that they do the same thing to other planets?" Izuku asked, to which Shisui nodded.