Chapter 9: Izuku and Katsuki, A New Start?

"Hero team... Wins!" All Might announced in the microphone, as everyone began cheering, clearly hyped up by the conclusion of this epic battle.

"What did Midoriya do at the end? What was that form?" Kaminari questioned, as he and the others were still shell shocked by what just happened during the last minute of the match.

"He was so much faster than Iida, yet maybe stronger than even Shoji. He took him out with one punch! He's so manly!" Kirishima replied with a lot of enthusiasm. It wasn't every day that you had the chance to see an exciting match as this one.

"He was so cool and shiny!" Mina commented.

"Maybe a limited time boost. He only used it at the end of the match, Ribbit." Tsuyu tried to make an assumption while putting a finger on her chin.

"It seems like Midoriya found a new way to control his Quirk without injuring himself." Aizawa pointed out, as the students were impressed at how quick was Izuku able to negate the drawbacks of his Quirk. After all, it only took him a day and that was thanks to the Sharingan.

This kid is really something else. There's no doubt that Bakugo is pretty strong and talented in combat, but it appears that Midoriya is what you can call a prodigy... However, I wonder why Midoriya wasn't using his full power from the start? Aizawa thought as he graded Izuku on the Battle Trial exercise. Izuku may have won the match and overall performed well, but Aizawa was definitely going to deduct some points for holding back. If this was a real life situation, it wouldn't be wise to waste time like that, especially when the Villains had a bomb. That is unless it was really a limited time boost.

Meanwhile, a white and red haired boy was staring at Izuku through the monitor in utter silence. I thought that I could easily be the best with only my right side, but Midoriya proved to be a much bigger threat than I initially thought. He said in his mind as he truly thought that Izuku was the only one who can match his power. Ever since the ball throw test, the bicolor haired teen knew that Izuku wasn't your average student.

Back At Ground Beta:

"Hey Uraraka, are you alright? Are you hurt or anything?" Izuku asked his teammate, making sure she was fine.

"I'm all right, but what about you? You look like you had a trip in a minefield or something." Ochaco assured him and chuckled, as she already knew why Izuku looked so bad right now.

Izuku took a quick look at himself. Aside from the few burn marks on his arm and the bruises he got here and there and notably on his face, judging from the stinging pain. He noticed that his new costume was really damaged. The right sleeve of his costume was torn off, the costume had a few holes and one of his earpieces broke, probably after that big explosion Bakugo fired at him.

"Always count on Bakugo when it comes to explosions." He replied in a deadpan voice. He was a bit annoyed by the fact that his new costume got damaged. Heck this was the first time he tried his Hero Costume, so it definitely sucked.

"But you were really amazing back there Deku. You just came out with lightning sparkling around you, and next thing I saw, you were in front of Iida and were like Detroit Smash!" Ochaco mimicked Izuku's punch with a giggle. "After that you touched the weapon, securing the win for us and were like I'M HERE!" She added.

Izuku now finally out of battle mode, began to realize that he was holding a conversation with a cute girl. And on top of that, that said girl was now praising him and giving him compliments, causing his face to turn red.

"That... t-that was a new idea I came up with to... t-to control my Quirk." Izuku replied, trying his best not to stutter or embarrass himself.

"Hehe, if only I can get rid of my Quirk's drawbacks too." Ochaco responded with a sheepish smile.