Chapter 30: Blood Ties

As usual, special thanks to Jaroberts251 and earl0408 for beta reading this chapter. Shout out to them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier That Day:

Momo had just arrived at Edgeshot's Hero Agency. She was so excited at the chance of interning under a Top Hero of Edgeshot's caliber. The raven-haired girl was prepared to learn everything he'll teach her.

With the suitcase containing her Hero Costume in her hand, she entered the elevator and pressed a button, going to Edgeshot's office. When the elevator's doors opened, she was met by a brown-haired young woman in her mid-twenties, wearing formal clothes and glasses. Momo's guess was that she was Edgeshot's secretary.

"Good morning." Momo greeted the older woman.

"Good morning, I assume you're Momo Yaoyorozu, correct?" The secretary asked.

"Yes."

"Good. Edgeshot is waiting for you in his office. You may enter."

And with that, the vice president of Class 1-A opened the door to the Top Hero's office, ready to prove herself to the Top Hero and not make him regret his choice of choosing her.

"Yaoyorozu, I've been expecting you."

Momo looked to see Edgeshot sitting at his desk but with his chair facing the opposite direction, making her look at his back.

"Thank you for having me here and I promise that I won't disappoint you and learn how a Pro Hero work by watching you." Momo bowed in order to show respect for the Top Hero.

"I'm glad that this is how you feel. So with that, your training will start NOW!" Edgeshot said before he quickly turned around and threw a kunai at her.

"AH!" She yelped and instinctively ducked down, the kunai embedding itself into the door behind her. What was going on? What did just happen?

"I wouldn't drop my guard yet if I were you." Edgeshot pointed out.

Suddenly, Momo heard the sound a mechanical machine. She looked back and her eyes quickly widened in shock as she saw a strange machine on top of the door quickly firing multiple shuriken at her.

Oh, no! I need to create something! But what do I create?! What do I create?! I don't know what to CREATE! Her heart was racing so fast as she watched the approaching shuriken. She froze in fear and fell on her knees. She couldn't do anything.

However, just before the shuriken could hit her, Edgeshot was in front of her and deflected all the shuriken using his kunai.

"It seems to me that you have a lot to learn." He took her still shaking hand and pulled her back up.

"Wh-Wh-What was that?" Momo stammered on her words, still frazzled after what just happened.

"I'm sorry about all of this. This was just a test I've prepared for you."

"A test?" Momo repeated than hung her head low, as it was obvious that her performance was nothing but embarrassing. "I think I already disappointed you, didn't I?"

"Well..., you did just as I expected, so it's hard to say whether you failed or not. But have a seat, I would like to discuss with you the reason why you're truly here." The Top Hero pointed at the chair that was in front of his desk.

"It's not going to shock me, right?" Momo asked, not feeling safe in the Pro Hero's agency anymore.

Edgeshot chuckled, "I assure you, nothing like what you just saw will happen again... probably" He reassured the raven-haired teen but muttered that last part under his breath.