Chapter 25: A New Threat

Special thanks for Jaroberts251 for being the beta-reader of this chapter, you're the best bro. Make sure to shout out to him everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me Sir! Excuse me!"

All Might turned around to see that the voice's owner is his successor's mother, Inko Midoriya. And she was calling for him. What could she possibly want with him?

"I'm Inko Midoriya, Izuku's mother. It's nice to meet you again. If you're not busy, I would like to talk with you about my son." She said and All Might nodded. The mother wanted to talk about her son and that was understandable.

"It's okay ma'am and it's nice to see you again too. My name is Toshinori Yagi and as I've said before I was Izuku's trainer. I don't have anything to do right now, so I'm all ears."

"Good, because the thing is, I didn't only want to talk about Izuku, but also his Quirk." Inko stated her motives.

All Might immediately spat some blood.

Seeing this, Inko panicked, thinking that All Might was super sick or something. Well, to be fair, he is but his condition is at least stable. "My goodness, are you okay? Do I need to call for help?!" Inko asked with a hint of worry.

"I'm fine. My health hasn't been all that well for the past few years." All Might assured her and calmed her down.

"I see... I'm sorry to hear this." Inko said with an uneasy look on her face.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." All Might said with a smile. "So, what did you want to tell me about Young Midoriya?" All Might asked.

"During his student's pledge speech... He mentioned that someone told him that he can become a Hero. That person is you, isn't it?" Inko asked.

All Might rubbed the back of his head before saying, "Yes, that's right. That day I saw something in Young Midoriya, I saw potential. I saw a Hero." All Might said in a very serious tone as he remembered how Izuku ran towards the Sludge Villain, despite not having any combat experience or knowing that he has a Quirk.

"You can become a Hero." All Might remembered the words he told Izuku that day.

"After that, I decided to take him under my wing and train him. And I have to say, he has only made me proud ever since." All Might said with a genuine smile.

"I see..." Inko began as she teared up. "Thank you... Thank you so much!"

"Huh?" All Might nervously questioned. Did he say something wrong?

"That boy... Ever since the doctor told us he's Quirkless, he stopped smiling and his eyes were always empty of any emotions. His eyes were always dead... But after that day, I noticed how he changed. His eyes became full of life again. He started to eat more, to the point that he no longer looked malnourished and today... I saw him smiling. It was a real smile and not a fake one! And all of this, is thanks to you!" Inko said before she gave the Pro Hero a bow. She was grateful for everything All Might did to Izuku.

Hearing this, All Might was speechless. He thought he had an idea about how Izuku's life was before he unlocked his Sharingan, but it seems like there's a lot he didn't know... Putting that aside, All Might was really glad that he chose Izuku to be his successor and not his original successor or Mirio.

"Mrs. Midoriya, I assure you that there's no need to thank me. If anything, I think that Young Midoriya is lucky to have such a caring mother like you. And you did a splendid job raising him." All Might said before handing her a tissue.