Chapter 24: The End Of The Beginning

Somehow I was able to find some time to upload a new chapter.

Special thanks for Jaroberts251, he was the beta-reader for this chapter so shout out to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'When All Might told me that I could become a Hero and made me his successor by giving me his Quirk, I was overjoyed. I did everything I could possibly do to become the next All Might and live up to his expectations. But this was actually my biggest mistake, because I ended up neglecting my identity and forgetting who I really am. Maybe it was the responsibilities I had on my shoulders at the time, or maybe I just wanted to forget everything that happened to me and have a new start. However, that day I learned that a man, could never run from his past, because it's our past that defines us and makes us who we are today.' Adult Izuku explained as he recalled his internship in Hosu.

He remembered it all like it happened yesterday. He remembered his younger self brought to his knees, his body covered in blood, his shocked face and the tears pouring down his cheeks, but most importantly he remembered the Nomu he was sitting on. He spotted multiple bruises, his arms and legs were bent in abnormal ways and his wings were cut off. Instead of them, he just had two holes in his back. It was one of the worst days ever in his entire life.

'Unfortunately, this was only the start of how my so called new perfect life -no... fantasy came to an end, and how Life gave me a reminder that the world isn't always going to be rainbows and sunshines, like I thought it would after going to UA. Because since that day it reminded me of who were my first two friends, and their names are Despair and Suffering.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a good day for Shoto. It was one of the days where his father would be out on patrol and busy with Hero work, leaving Shoto all alone at home. Fuyumi also went to her university this morning and Natsu wasn't present too. Being eleven years now, he was pretty much used to it. However, today was going to be different. Shoto was training in the training room and focusing on enhancing his ice abilities. His eyes were closed and his breath was steady. Suddenly, ice began to come out of his hand, before a clone appeared in front of him.

"I did it... I was finally able to create a proper ice clone!" Shoto said with enthusiasm. Ever since he created that mini clone of himself, he wanted to be able to create a perfect version of him, not the ones that are small or break in a few seconds or ones that were too weak to even move. If possible, he also wanted to create more than one in the future.

The two Shotos looked at each other in amazement and smiled. Shoto was waiting for this day for a long time. The two Shotos quickly ran to Natsu's room and searched through his belongings until they found what they were looking for.

"I found it!" One of the two Shotos said while he held what looked like a soccer ball. The two kids then quickly headed to the playground where Shoto used to watch his siblings play. Shoto let the ball on the ground and began to pass it to the other Shoto. Then the other Shoto tried to dribble the ball like he has seen his other siblings do, but failed. Even though he failed, he was smiling and quickly passed the ball to the other Shoto.

*Music: Naruto OST -Loneliness*

"Here, catch it." He said as he passed the ball to the other Shoto. For five minutes, the two Shotos kept passing the ball to each other and the original even managed to dribble the ball with a very basic skill level. The two of them were happy, smiling and laughing. Shoto never had this much fun in his life. Unfortunately for him, his fun came to an end once the clone crumbled. Once again, Shoto found himself all alone and realized something. Theis isn't a real friend and this isn't real happiness.