Chapter 17: Capture The Flag

The Kirishima Launcher was created by The Great Papaya Man and I have his permission to use it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be? I just said it, and now here it is... "

The wheel landed on the words: Capture The Flag.

"Capture the flag! Now that's going to be easy." Denki pointed out.

"It's not an individual event, so I wonder how it'll work..." Tsuyu exclaimed, as she had a finger on her chin.

"The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular capture the flag, but the one thing that's different is..." Midnight explained, before taking her breath. "...based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value."

"A point-based system like the entrance exam, huh? That's easy to understand." Sato said.

"In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!" Ochaco exclaimed.

"I see!" Mina yelled, as she understood the game.

"You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?!" Midnight shouted angrily, as she flicked her whip. "Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points...!"

I see so that's how it is, then if I've done my math correctly, I should have 210 points. Izuku thought. Unluckily for him, reality had different plans for him.

"And the point value assigned to the first place is... ten million!" Midnight exclaimed, with a grin on her face.

Izuku just stood there with a blank expression, and so confused about what had he just heard. "T-Ten million?!" He shouted in panic, with his eyes widening from the shock.

Unfortunately for Izuku, as soon as he was assigned with the ten million points, he became everyone's target.

Ten million, huh?

In other words, if you take down the first-place player's team... you can stand at the top no matter what place you're in!

"That's right! It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!" Midnight further explained.

At this moment, Izuku was able to feel the stares that he was receiving from all the other participants. They clearly wanted a piece of him and his ten million points.

"What the hell can you do?! You're Quirkless!" Izuku closed his eyes, as he remembered his childhood. The eyes around me are different from junior high... The top spot I got for an instant changed that... S-So this... this is what All Might has to deal with every day, huh? To always have a target on your back... to have everybody want to have a piece of you. Yes... this is what it truly means to be Number One! Izuku said in his head, as determination began to surge through him. Even if the odds are against me, I didn't make it this far just to go down without a fight.

You're quick to understand, huh, young man? All Might thought, as he could see the fire of determination in his successor's eyes.

"Now then, I will explain the rules of capture the flag. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the flag will have that number. Teams will try to steal each other's flags until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen flags must be placed in the team's designated area, so the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your flag gets stolen, you're not out!" Midnight said, as she explained the basic rules of capture the flag.